I know I sound so stupid and you all have probably heard this before...

But I feel so lonely.Yeah it may seem like nothing to some, but coming to that conclusion was a painful process.It's hard to believe that considering I was brought up with lots of family and friends around me and blessed with a charismatic personality. On the outside,I am labelled as one of the most out-going,social and confident person people have met but really I'm just good at hiding the pain I'm feeling inside. I was born an only child and I guess that's where it sort of 'stemed' from. I've tried everything including pre-occupying myself with hobbies,meeting new people, visiting new places.I've tried it all but I can never seem to find someone.People have told me 'stop looking for love,it'll come find you, so why am I still sitting here staring out of my window wondering why no-one will love me?

At this point in my life, I've just given up on love and all I want is some company.Many women out there complain about not being able to find Mr.Right yet I cant even find some company.I really don't stress over my looks,I have the odd bad day here and there and I don't get a bad reaction when I meet new people (appearance-wise).

It hurts so bad to watch couples,even with the arguments because it just seems to me that they appreciate each other enough to argue if you get what I mean.I always feel like I'm on the outside looking in,sounds so pathetic but I've never had a man say he likes me for me.All the men I've come across only make the effort to get to know me because I'm a virgin and when I refuse to sleep with them they just turn they backs and act like I never existed.

If anyone out there can help me,I'll be forever grateful seriously,people are right when they say loneliness is the worst emotion to feel.

Thank you for reading.

Ross MwcFan

Are you refusing to sleep with them until you're married?

If so that could be the main cause of the problem.

Well, I believe there is nothing wrong with being proactive when looking for love, companionship, or company.

Being proactive is work though, at least a bit.

Because you are avirgin, I take it you are conservative, possibly religious?

Im wondering where you would meet men that specifically have the same values you do?

Id look there. First. And not just one place.

• Author

No,I only refuse to sleep with them because I'd have only known them for less than a month and they're already asking me for sex. I'm not the nun type, I will have sex just when I know I can trust him.

• Author
Well, I believe there is nothing wrong with being proactive when looking for love, companionship, or company.

Being proactive is work though, at least a bit.

Because you are avirgin, I take it you are conservative, possibly religious?

Im wondering where you would meet men that specifically have the same values you do?

Id look there. First. And not just one place.

I'd say I share the same values with the average woman, I don't demand a lot from men.And I'm far from conservative, I just don't want to have sex with someone I barely know (i.e less than a month). Maybe it's too much to ask for a man I actually know and can trust before I jump into bed with them.

DreamerGirl27

I'm just like you, except I'm waiting for marriage. But, if with the right guy, I might not be able to wait. It'd be ideal for me to, but I don't know if I'll actually wait that long. I don't want to get my heart broken, though. I want to know he's the one before I hop into bed with him and relationships aren't based off sex to me. To me, that's just an added bonus, but I prefer the more emotional bond as opposed to physical.

Anyway, that being said, I can't even get a guy interested in me. At least not one that I'm interested in. I've had plenty of dates and plenty of guys ask me out and I'm just not interested in any of 'em. I have never gone out with anyone I actually like. And now, the older I get, the less I get asked out.

I have this friend and I've been in love with him for 2 years, but he doesn't like me like that.

So, anyway, I totally hear where you're coming from.

I would certainly consider the places you meet guys at as a possible culprit. Certainly any guy who dumps you because you won't sleep with him is not worth your time. What sort of places do you usually meet people in?

( And there's nothing wrong with wanting a stronger bond than just physical attraction before sleeping with somebody. Too many people these days think that patience is a negative quality when it isn't. )

• 2 weeks later...
TimothyParadox

It gets better. Loneliness changes into hatred after a while. Then all your pain will go away.

Unlike me, you seem like an OK person. You should be ok.

I'd say I share the same values with the average woman, I don't demand a lot from men.And I'm far from conservative, I just don't want to have sex with someone I barely know (i.e less than a month). Maybe it's too much to ask for a man I actually know and can trust before I jump into bed with them.

Wowwww I absolutely respect the fact and admire that you hold such values! Keep at it! Some guys are just sex fiends who could care less about your well being but when u meet a guy who wants more than that then he's a keeper :D