Is this a woman's site? Are men treated equally here?

Hi, I'm looking for advice on what to do about a relationship issue, and was going to ask your opinion. But to be honest I've been reading some threads today, and it seems like this is basically a female site, with a pro-women, anti-men agenda, and that's kinda put me off.

I see The Truth About Women thread has been deleted. Would a similar 'men suck' thread be treated the same? Likewise I happen to know that The Collector has been banned from posting. I don't understand how anything he wrote is particularly offensive, and this is an adult forum, with a section that supports cheating for heavens sake. Why the censorship? And have any women ever been banned?

Hi, I'm looking for advice on what to do about a relationship issue, and was going to ask your opinion. But to be honest I've been reading some threads today, and it seems like this is basically a female site, with a pro-women, anti-men agenda, and that's kinda put me off.

I see The Truth About Women thread has been deleted. Would a similar 'men suck' thread be treated the same? Likewise I happen to know that The Collector has been banned from posting. I don't understand how anything he wrote is particularly offensive, and this is an adult forum, with a section that supports cheating for heavens sake. Why the censorship? And have any women ever been banned?

There is alot of men on this site, My opinion men to women is pretty equal. I wouldn't say that this site supports cheating but lets be serious it happens all of the time, I think it might help alittle to have reasons or suggestions to why ppl do it.. Men and women views..

JMO!

There's plenty of men that post in this site and are regarded as productive and respected members. I've never felt anyone was discriminated for their gender.

Bashing and attacking others is not allowed no matter your gender. I don't know the particulars of the situation with The Collector and why he got banned, but I'm sure he must have crossed the line somehow and that's why he's no longer allowed to post. I doubt his gender had anything to do with it.

I've been a member for a very long time, despite my low post count, and I've never seen the moderators do anything that I considered questionable.

-E

• Author

Well today I saw plenty of bashing and attacking of the male posters (for 'bashing' - read criticizing - women in general), and a couple of these male posters seem banned now. They weren't attacking any female members as far as I could see, but the female posters were saying all sorts of offensive things about them -latent wife-beaters, bitter, macho idiots, etc. None of the males were attacking any female posters directly.

The men that agreed with the women were safe though. Just saying it seems like a woman's site and not what I was looking for.

Citizen Erased

Great, another woman hater. This should be interesting.

:laugh: Just jokes. You are most welcome here, there are plenty of men on here. If you wish to engage in how women suck or whatever, I am sure a thread will pop up sometime soon.

I am still waiting on the man hating threads however, the women on here are so dull with their bitterness sometimes! :rolleyes:

:p

It's the first impression that counts. On this site, a man's first thread should always carry the implication that he'd be just fine in life without his balls. After that you can post pretty much anything.

Citizen Erased
It's the first impression that counts. On this site, a man's first thread should always carry the implication that he'd be just fine in life without his balls. After that you can post pretty much anything.

Exactly. My ball-less robot friend :p

Great, another woman hater. This should be interesting.

:laugh: Just jokes. You are most welcome here, there are plenty of men on here. If you wish to engage in how women suck or whatever, I am sure a thread will pop up sometime soon.

I am still waiting on the man hating threads however, the women on here are so dull with their bitterness sometimes! :rolleyes:

:p

I'm sort of a newbie here so I have no idea what all was going on, but can we please not have any man-bashing forums? It's hard enough just getting sex let alone a long-term relationship so the alst thing I need is to be bashed :D. I'm not that sensitive but when you're single and in sort of a dry spell all you want is helpful advice :p. It just seems easy for all the girls I know to get BF. I don't understand how that is but it just seems like it, so give us guys a break!

Citizen Erased
Was that ok? What I said? I can't edit it now.

Hmn...perhaps next time you should mention how awesome I am. I think that should be in every post you make.

"...and that's how you make great tacos!

Oh yeah, Coco is Awesome!"

;)

Citizen Erased
I'm sort of a newbie here so I have no idea what all was going on, but can we please not have any man-bashing forums? It's hard enough just getting sex let alone a long-term relationship so the alst thing I need is to be bashed :D. I'm not that sensitive but when you're single and in sort of a dry spell all you want is helpful advice :p. It just seems easy for all the girls I know to get BF. I don't understand how that is but it just seems like it, so give us guys a break!

I was only joking hon. :p

HokeyReligions

The site is owned by a man and there are male moderators. More women come here probably because more women than men are open about their emotions. I'm not bashing men, its just one of the typical differences between men and women.

The guidelines are here for everyone. The moderators are all volunteers and sometimes there just are not enough or enough online at the time and the community relies on each other to report problem posts and/or posters and the mods use the same guidelines for banning.

People are pretty harsh on the OW/OM threads. Most of the people that come here arrive emotionally damaged in some way - they have been hurt and can be more sensitive to different topics than a group who have not experienced those things.

We're all just people giving opinions based on the brief information we read and from our own experiences. None of it should be used in place of therapy or medical attention.

More people leave the site on their own than are banned. They either don't feel the need to post, get bored, or get their feelings hurt or get angry. Not everyone who leaves is banned.

Quiksilver ca

Much of what you might discern as "women bashing" is some of the members being unhappy with the number of men here who ACT LIKE WOMEN.

I love women, but I don't like to see the way men interact(sometimes abrasive, very direct, perhaps not politically correct, fun, cocky, perhaps arrogant at times, etc) squashed. It might promote equality in an androgynous way, but that is NOT right.

Many men(me included) don't criticize women who act like women. Or even act like men for that sake. Yet its all too common that men are criticized for acting how men act.

You go to an all boys school or an army barracks and you'll see men jostling, laughing, causing mischief, playing games, being responsible when they need to be, being hard working if there's a cause, being respectful of themselves, talking about their latest girl and how good she was in bed, and just BEING MEN.

Freeze that thought. Enter loveshack.org.

The men are asking about the best way to cope with their depression after getting dumped. They are asking silly questions that they could answer by just BEING MEN.

And ladies, don't tell me that you don't want a real man. A man who can make you feel safe, a man who makes you feel like a woman, a man who can 'satisfy your needs', a man who is well respected by his friends, and who is experienced.

Ladies, if you want a real man you should start acting like a real woman, and stop squashing the behavior of real men.

Citizen Erased
The site is owned by a man and there are male moderators. More women come here probably because more women than men are open about their emotions. I'm not bashing men, its just one of the typical differences between men and women.

The guidelines are here for everyone. The moderators are all volunteers and sometimes there just are not enough or enough online at the time and the community relies on each other to report problem posts and/or posters and the mods use the same guidelines for banning.

People are pretty harsh on the OW/OM threads. Most of the people that come here arrive emotionally damaged in some way - they have been hurt and can be more sensitive to different topics than a group who have not experienced those things.

We're all just people giving opinions based on the brief information we read and from our own experiences. None of it should be used in place of therapy or medical attention.

More people leave the site on their own than are banned. They either don't feel the need to post, get bored, or get their feelings hurt or get angry. Not everyone who leaves is banned.

No-one could have said it better.

I also suggest that you, like myself, stay off the OW/OM section ;) Flashbacks of High School bitchiness always occur :p

Dagger Kockburn

I am new here as well, and I must admit, that I have already lashed out at some women. It's just like the poster above me said, that I came here because I am searching for answers, and was simply FRUSTRATED, just like the average guy.

I don't know about the man/woman thing. I do know that truly dumb people have a hard time getting along on this site.

I do know that truly dumb people have a hard time getting along on this site.

That sounds about right! :laugh:

Gender is irrelevant.

-E

HokeyReligions
Much of what you might discern as "women bashing" is some of the members being unhappy with the number of men here who ACT LIKE WOMEN.

I love women, but I don't like to see the way men interact(sometimes abrasive, very direct, perhaps not politically correct, fun, cocky, perhaps arrogant at times, etc) squashed. It might promote equality in an androgynous way, but that is NOT right.

Many men(me included) don't criticize women who act like women. Or even act like men for that sake. Yet its all too common that men are criticized for acting how men act.

You go to an all boys school or an army barracks and you'll see men jostling, laughing, causing mischief, playing games, being responsible when they need to be, being hard working if there's a cause, being respectful of themselves, talking about their latest girl and how good she was in bed, and just BEING MEN.

Freeze that thought. Enter loveshack.org.

The men are asking about the best way to cope with their depression after getting dumped. They are asking silly questions that they could answer by just BEING MEN.

And ladies, don't tell me that you don't want a real man. A man who can make you feel safe, a man who makes you feel like a woman, a man who can 'satisfy your needs', a man who is well respected by his friends, and who is experienced.

Ladies, if you want a real man you should start acting like a real woman, and stop squashing the behavior of real men.

Its sad if someone is bashing men for typical male behavior, but I also think that there is plenty of room for a man to show his emotions and ask for help dealing with depression or anxiety or other emotions. It's human and, imo, a man who can reach out like this is no less a man than one who trys to mask or control his emotions by acting in an expected manner.

Be careful what you say they will try and chase you away.

To tell you the truth their are only a few honest women are here that will actually want to help you out with your problem.

Alot of the women on here will bash you,they hate the fact that I have my own opinion they wanna try and argue about how I feel.

Here's some advice don't pay attention to most of them.but like I said you will come across some women here very few that have really great advice,those are the one's I pay attention too.

Oh another thing watch out because some of these women here if they do not like what you say they will report you.

Quiksilver ca

Gender is irrelevant?

This is a relationship site, missy.

Gender is everything here.

The #1 complaint from women that I've heard here is that there man isn't Man enough.

Read between the lines and every single problem boils down to the male not being masculine, and the female not being feminine.

• Author
Be careful what you say they will try and chase you away.

To tell you the truth their are only a few honest women are here that will actually want to help you out with your problem.

Alot of the women on here will bash you,they hate the fact that I have my own opinion they wanna try and argue about how I feel.

Oh another thing watch out because some of these women here if they do not like what you say they will report you.

Yeah dude, this is what I'm getting! Have you ever seen any women banned? Or as I suspect is it just the 'non-pc' men? Because that's just one-sided censorship, and I'm not keen on that shyt.

I am new here as well, and I must admit, that I have already lashed out at some women. It's just like the poster above me said, that I came here because I am searching for answers, and was simply FRUSTRATED, just like the average guy.

Yeah I'm a nice guy but if it ever seems like I lash out at any females here, I think it's understandable considering. It's just my testosterone making me moody and frustrated, that and being in a dry spell, so I think I'm entitled to it :D.

So far I haven't had any females here that were really rude to me. Surprisingly it's been other guys on here that were more rude? the only real complaint I have so far is it doesn't seem like too many people understand what my goals are or are willing to offer me advice on obtaining them. They seem to tell me to just wait fo them to happen by themself :confused:.

Gender is irrelevant?

This is a relationship site, missy.

Gender is everything here.

The #1 complaint from women that I've heard here is that there man isn't Man enough.

Read between the lines and every single problem boils down to the male not being masculine, and the female not being feminine.

Uh, hold on... you've been on this site for how long, again? if you stuck around long enough to read more than today's worth of posts, you might notice just how far off from the truth you are.

And since when is gender relevant to decide whether common rules of CIVILITY apply or not? Sorry, you don't get a pass just because you're male, justifying it as normal "male" behavior. Thankfully, the other men on this forum are intelligent and secure enough to not need to indulge in macho behavior to be men.

-E

Oh yeah I meant to ask is there away to change the color's on this forum? There's a lot of pink on here. Don't get me wrong I sometimes wear pink polo shirt to but I compesate by going to the gym and having some muscle under it. I just feel kind of girly with all this pink on the forum :laugh:.