Is he wanting more than just a sexual friendship?

Lookn4love

My friend wanted me to set him up with one of my friends i told him i would see what i can do, since he said that to me i thought he just wanted a sexual thing from me and didnt want nothing else, so when i go to his house and after intercourse is said and done, i leave about 25 mins later cause its just a sex thing so i thought. Well one day i got up and left and he told me to call him when i got home to make sure i got home safely, i told him thats ok i will be fine, well once that happend he stopped calling me, (he use to call everyday), i havent spoke to him in 7 days, long behold he calls me yesterday, drunk of course and wanted me to come see him, well i told him i didnt need any sex today he said he didnt want sex either he just wanted to see me. He was at a friends house and they were all drunk so he asked me to take him home, i went to pick him up i didnt want his friends driving drunk just to take him home, well he gets in the car and first thing out of his mouth was, did you miss me, what does it matter its just sex with you, when we got to his house he asked me to come inside again i said i didnt want sex. He started talking to me, of course he was drunk so i really didnt take what he was saying serious, he kept saying he likes me he missed me and i hurt his feelings by leaving, told me that we clicked from day one, he likes spending time with me, to me this is all sounding good but then i have to think hes drunk, how much of this is really the truth, probably none if it lol, as i sat there on the couch i got quiet, tears started to welt up in my eyes, he said to me i know you have been hurt in the past,so have i but you cant keep pushing me away, you might lose out and then once i am gone u will regret not giving me a chance in life, as i am hearing this i am saying wtf we were just suppose to be having sex, I told him the reason i push away is so i dont get close and get emotions involved, that way no one gets hurt. He is the kind of person i can see myself with but in away i am scared to get close to anyone again so it was easier to push him away then to get close to him. So i am going to persume by all his talk that he is wanting more than a sexual friendship with me, but how does one know if its true of it was the liquor that was brining out the feelings he had in side? My biggest problem is trusting someone, when i am with him i have this feeling that overcomes me its unexplainable, i know i can fall for this person really bad. Do men usually show affectionate towards someone if all they are wanting is sex?

He 's just trying not to come across as a dog wanting sex but my take is he just wants sex. Not calling you for 7 days ( if he wanted to see you he would not have waited 7 days ) until he was drunk with his buddies says alll you need to know.

That old quote "it's better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all" sums up my advice to you. Your guy was right, you'll never know what you could have had if you don't try. Being hurt sucks, but not so much that you should live your life in a bubble. I just found this post sad - there are so many people out there who can't find anyone - and you both are so busy playing the game that you can't see what's right in front of you.

My advice - go see the guy - do something fun and don't jump up and leave. What's it really going to hurt?

This bit confuses me:

My friend wanted me to set him up with one of my friends i told him i would see what i can do

Did he say this to you while you were already in a f-buddy deal with him?