Do you believe in fate?

Do you believe in life there is one person out there for you? Do you believe fate will one day bring you two together? Or is that just wishful thinking? What's the difference between Fate & Destiny?

Personality i believe in fate/destiny (to some degree) but it all depends on your decisions doesn't it?

1. "Do you believe in life there is one person out there for you?"

Yes, but not only one. There are many but usually we settle for one. There are some religions that allow marriage with more than one and in that case I believe there are as many as your religion will allow.

2. "Do you believe fate will one day bring you two together?"

Well, yes, fate does play a part. But so do automobiles, trains, buses, school classes, parties, etc. There are all sorts of things that help fate bring people together.

3. "Or is that just wishful thinking?"

No, almost everybody eventually meets somebody they love deeply. So it's not wishful thinking...it's pretty real stuff. But it doesn't happen if you stay at home at your computer or by the phone. You have to get out and meet people, do things, be places, etc. Being at the right place at the right time is the thing of fate.

4. "What's the difference between Fate & Destiny?"

Fate came in sixth in the Kentucky Derby in 1967, Destiny finished second in 1983.

This is a very philosophical question that only has one answer. We determine both our fate and our destiny for ourselves, based upon our goals and the amount of work we're willing to put into attaining them. If your fate and destiny is to be nothing, meet nobody and go nowhere, you really don't have much work to do. If that's your destiny, you're pretty lucky in a way I suppose.

5. "Personality i believe in fate/destiny (to some degree) but it all depends on your decisions doesn't it?"

You bet, just like I said above. You create your future by your thoughts and your actions. Everything that happens to you in life starts out first as a thought. Concentrate on what you want to happen in your life and it will be manifest.

i think fate does play a part in a relationship, but what happens when a person claims that the relationship should be left up to fate? this is what happened in my breakup..he wants to leave it up to "fate" to decide if we should be together. if you ask me, that's 1-a lame excuse, and 2-a little time consuming.

tony, i agree with you that we make our own fates...and if my ex wants to see if "fate" brings us together again, shouldn't i "make" it happen?

Do you believe in life there is one person out there for you? Do you believe fate will one day bring you two together? Or is that just wishful thinking? What's the difference between Fate & Destiny? Personality i believe in fate/destiny (to some degree) but it all depends on your decisions doesn't it?