Can breaking up feel like nothing?

Hello all, I just posted my story a few days ago, about my 3 year affair, and how I had thrown out hints during that time that I wasn't happy and wanted to end it. Now that it's over, I'm waiting for the emotional breakdown, but it's not coming. Other than crying over a Grateful Dead song (which makes no sense, must have been the lyrics,I don't like the band)-nothing. I'm thinking it's because I mentally ended it so many times, the actual end is an anticlimax. Also, I'm wondering if the MM took me seriously. I'm not about to unblock him and wait for a call, but I AM wondering if he is going thru withdrawal. We did use to talk and text a fair amount, and some delusional part of me wants him to appear outside one rainy night,soaked and miserable, begging to come back. Eh.

Edited by ms millie
Miss Clavel
Hello all, I just posted my story a few days ago, about my 3 year affair, and how I had thrown out hints during that time that I wasn't happy and wanted to end it. Now that it's over, I'm waiting for the emotional breakdown, but it's not coming. Other than crying over a Grateful Dead song (which makes no sense, must have been the lyrics,I don't like the band)-nothing. I'm thinking it's because I mentally ended it so many times, the actual end is an anticlimax. Also, I'm wondering if the MM took me seriously. I'm not about to unblock him and wait for a call, but I AM wondering if he is going thru withdrawal. We did use to talk and text a fair amount, and some delusional part of me wants him to appear outside one rainy night,soaked and miserable, begging to come back. Eh.

so may be that's why you haven't had an "emotion breakdown" yet, in your heart of hearts, in ain't over.

• Like 1

Could be what you said- it was mentally over for you

Could be what miss Clavel said- you don't think it's really over

Or you could just be relieved. Like you can breathe now . Are you married?

• Author

No, I was married for many years but am now widowed. Have no interest in a LTR, want to keep my freedom. And I know the rainy day encounter is pure Bollywood, we are both a bit dramatic about stuff. Yeah, and I know we wouldn't be seeing each other anytime soon anyway;in my prior post I explained that MM felt he had to behave better when his in-laws o parents were on their 4 month long visits..this was a way to perhaps pretend it was my choice to go NC totally to clear the summer blues away..

• Author

No, I was married for many years but am now widowed. Have no interest in a LTR, want to keep my freedom. And I know the rainy day encounter is pure Bollywood, we are both a bit dramatic about stuff. Plus, I know we wouldn't be seeing each other anytime soon anyway;in my prior post I explained that MM felt he had to behave better when his in-laws or parents were on their 4 month long visits..this was a way to perhaps forestall the summer blues.

Miss Clavel

stop chasing your tail. it's over, right? rip off the band-aid, assess the damage and start the healing.

you are free from a lesser man.

• Author

Thanks for those words. As you see, I tried to edit and ended up posting twice with the same thoughts. So now it's over two weeks and I don't feel I'm missing anything, no sleepless nights or mooning about.

whichwayisup

If he contacts you, will you respond? Or ignore? Be honest with yourself. If you're hanging onto hope that he'll come back then you're far from ready to let go and allow yourself to grieve. Or maybe it is that you're not that invested in him after all and there isn't much to cry about.