It's everywhere

dogloverof2

How do you handle it when you go out places and you see something that reminds you of the person you had a affair with. The person you were so attracted to that it scared you to death....:o (yes, I am married)

Everyday for the past couple of weeks, everywhere I go, I see either a company logo or a name of something related to what he does for a living.

Why????

Seeing these little things, always put him back in my mind....

Either it's meant to be as a reminder of what I don't need in my life.....Being attracted to another woman's husband, or I have been told that maybe it's a sign that I'm not suppose to forget him...

It's getting tough to deal with....

Starswillshine

I know your story is here somewhere, but I don't have energy to search. How long has it been?

I'm on the other side of the equation as a BS, but I suffer from the same issue. Everytime I go out (or even stay in) there is some darn reminder. But as time goes on, I am dealing better and better. I am turning my attention to me. There is a book that has been a great help, it is called an Untethered Soul. About finding inner peace and letting go of certain thoughts. When something triggers a thought, I let it process for a second and then realize it isn't worth another ounce of energy and let it go. Sometimes, I actually envision it as a balloon that I let go and it floats off. I know, probably sounds silly, right? But hey, whatever helps! Lol

• Like 1
AlwaysGrowing

You emotionally hard wired yourself whilst in the EA towards anything XMM.

Do you really believe the universe is putting signs up for you? Doesnt the universe have more pressing matters? Isnt the ring on his and your left hand a "sign"?

Dont you have more pressing matters in your own life to tend to?

Time to figure out what it is missing inside you...that causes you to look back.

Time to take hold of the steering wheel and pilot your ship....dont be a passanger on your own boat.

• Like 3
Bittersweetie

I agree with Always...it's probably because your mind is looking for signs.

I know when I was involved with xAP I saw every little thing as a sign that we were meant to be together. Our names started with the same letter! OMG that's a sign! It got pretty ridiculous looking back at it.

Whenever he pops in your mind, gently change the channel. Then the signs will abate.

you're associating the good things with whatever trigger is.......instead, train yourself to associate the bad things...

Instead of "this is the place we met and had passionate sweet moments"....condition yourself to say "This is where I betrayed the trust my husband had in me, this is where I selfishly took another woman's husband in my arms, this is the place I forgot my value as a person".

I read that on a website....it's worth a shot.

• Like 1

I just stop going to thoses places till i was heal. I told the gf and took mth to get over him, best thing i did