Sometimes they never do come back...

dogloverof2

It has been about a year and a half now since it ended. He went his way and I went mine. There has been no contact at all between us, which is a good thing.

I do however wonder how he is and hope he is happy..

I wonder if he ever thinks the same..

It has been about a year and a half now since it ended. He went his way and I went mine. There has been no contact at all between us, which is a good thing.

It's only been a year and a half. There are stories on here of fMM who pop up twenty years after the A. You've not escaped entirely *yet*...

• Author
dogloverof2
It's only been a year and a half. There are stories on here of fMM who pop up twenty years after the A. You've not escaped entirely *yet*...

And I thought I was at a good point......

Do you really want him to be happy without you?

I doubt it.

• Author
dogloverof2
Do you really want him to be happy without you?

I doubt it.

I hope he is happy with his life in general.

And I thought I was at a good point......

You're at a great point.

He may not be. Whatever drove him to the A in the first place may recur, and he may wonder where you are, how you are....

Don't look back. Just keep going. If he comes looking for you, let him just find the tracks you once left in the sand.

• Like 2

Mine came back last time. This time its more risky for him, so i bet he wont. These guys know to takecare of themselves ( sometimes, them alone), so I dont worry too much.

Like pony said .. dont stop loving yourself.

• Like 1
FoundMyStrength

I think it's hard not to wonder. I do believe some of them wonder about us too. I know for sure that my xMM occasionally visits my profile on a professional site I can neither take down nor block him or anyone else on.

But does it really matter how they feel if they stay where they are? If we're worth just enough for a secret peek at a profile pic, but not enough for love and a relationship?

All I can say is that it's become harder and harder to generate good will toward a man who threw me out like a piece of garbage. Honestly, I think too often we OWs convince ourselves that we have to be the better person and still care how they are, despite how callous they were. Always one-sided, even afterward.

• Like 2
HeCantBreakMe

I think the OW whose MM never come back- are truly the lucky ones. You got out- count your blessings.

• Like 4
PickledHead
Maybe you hope he's well. But he's not thinking of you at all.

Stated as a fact but not necessarily true!!

The OP has made no contact with him yet is still thinking of him, so it could be the same the other way too.

However dog lover I agree with the other posts, you are lucky to be in a good place where you are so don't let it play on your mind. If he doesn't think of you then he isn't worth your thoughts and if he does then is respecting you by maintaining nc (just as you are with him).

Stay in your good place x

• Like 2
WarriorBabe

Its normal to think of someone from your past.

Let's just hope he's living a good life and the decision to end the A has left you both at a good place in your lives.

If he does come back, be it 5, 20 or even next week, would you want him?

• Author
dogloverof2
Its normal to think of someone from your past.

Let's just hope he's living a good life and the decision to end the A has left you both at a good place in your lives.

If he does come back, be it 5, 20 or even next week, would you want him?

No I would not. He was going to cheat on the woman he made a marriage vow to, and he apparently didn't think enough of me as a person, to want me to help him. I will admit I was attracted to him, but he had a sneaky, silent side that told my gut he can't be trusted... Always trust your gut... :)

Edited by dogloverof2
  • Like 3
  • 1 month later...

your better off without him.

as soon as this dna test is done i can block him out my life or im stuck with him co parenting, :sick:

I'll never go back. Haven't spoken in 3 years. Embarrassed about it now.

Do I wish her well? I don't want her to be miserable, I just don't care. Wishing bad on someone is not a way to go through life.

She pops up in my head and then she leaves. No urge to contact. Just living my life and enjoying it.