Feeling better, then boom!

It's been a few months and I was feeling a lot better. I had my moments but not as bad as the beginning. Well, a coworker is walking by talking about how MM is so excited about going on vacation with his wife and they are leaving the kids here. Somehow that just made me feel like crap. Not sure why since we barely talk anymore. It's still hard to talk to him. He's always friendly when we do.

He was separated when he started coming on strong and I started to have strong feelings for him. I didn't think that they would try and work things out. Well they did and I was left to pick up the pieces by myself. I was devastated but it was a quick thing. We never slept together and never dated. It was an EA with intense feelings on my end. Not sure about his. He seems extremely sorry when he told me he was working it out with her. He even apologized numerous times.

Somehow I'm having a hard time moving on. Just when I thought I could do this I hear this about their vacation and it made me very sad. I can't leave my job. It's not an option. I don't sit near him. I do see him sometimes. I was convinced I had fallen for him. I don't think there is anything worse than falling for someone whose heart belongs to someone else.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 3

EA ... I dont know if we can fool ourselves any harder.

I was in one. I am out of it. I do have my weak moments but I am starting to cringe at what I did. Getting out of EA fog is like a war between mind and heart. It gets toughter if your MM wont let you go and strings you back in time and time again,Its like a drug, bigger is not better.

My tip: If you really want to get out of it.. 'I am trying but its not happening' wont work.. 'Will make it happen' should do it.

Goodluck

• Like 3
  • Author
EA ... I dont know if we can fool ourselves any harder.

I was in one. I am out of it. I do have my weak moments but I am starting to cringe at what I did. Getting out of EA fog is like a war between mind and heart. It gets toughter if your MM wont let you go and strings you back in time and time again,Its like a drug, bigger is not better.

My tip: If you really want to get out of it.. 'I am trying but its not happening' wont work.. 'Will make it happen' should do it.

Goodluck

Like I said, I'm not in it anymore. He was separated. She left him and he went back to her. I said I get far and have setbacks. He doesn't string me back in. He is just friendly. I think he feels bad for hurting me. Thats why he is.

What else has happened in your past relationships that could make you somehow be so attached to someone who seems like hebjust used you to fill an emotional void while separated from his wife? Someone who said to himself, I'd rather be with my wife than you. You deserve more than that, so what deeper issue is it that you think may be causing you to get stuck at this point? Maybe he's not the cause of your troubles, but a symptom of them?

• Like 1

We desire more what we can't have. This is the driving force behind chasing married people. It's the thrill, the challenge, making you feel special if you capture their affections....these are symptoms of a deeper issue......low self esteem, lack of self worth, looking for an escape from your own relaitonship because of loneliness, boredom, neglect from your partner...

EA's are emotionally intense and is as addictive as heroin. You play with fire.

99.9% go back to their spouse, leaving the other feeling even more lonely, and hopeless. It's the crash and having to go through a withdrawal.....so not worth it in the end.

At least he is remorseful for his part in it and has since apologized. Most don't even bother.

Best to give yourself a break, maybe take a vay cay to de-stress from it.

• Like 7
Like I said, I'm not in it anymore. He was separated. She left him and he went back to her. I said I get far and have setbacks. He doesn't string me back in. He is just friendly. I think he feels bad for hurting me. Thats why he is.
Sounds positive. Looks like theres remorse on his side too.

Are you in total NC?. Are you still friends?. Being friends is like keeping the coal red, a little breeze can set the fire again.