what would you do..

So its been almost 5 months with NC with a work colleague which started as a friendship and turned into a EA, i have to see him everyday, but he blanks me and hasn't said even hi to me since, it hurt for a while but starting to see him for what he really is and i know what we did was wrong, but working with someone and having to see them everyday is making my job so awkward i cant stand it anymore

my problem is we have our works do this coming Friday and that is basically how it all started last year ( our friendship turning into more) i have thought for months should i go? will i end up crying at end of the evening? should i really not go just because of him ? i know he wouldn't not go just because of me.

i just don't want it to be awkward anymore its gone so long now i can't even just say hi how are you, my friend who also works along side us, said she would say something to him just so it isn't awkward for me anymore, literally all i want is for him to be able to say hi when he walks past and to not make it so dam obvious he has a problem with me.

I have learnt a lot this year and i would like to end the year without this all still hanging over me, if i could go back and change things i would in a heartbeat.

so what should i do...

go to the works do?

try and talk to him before hand?

or not go to the works do...

leave it as it is and eventually quit my job?

Edited by Beautywithin

Find your pride and value.

Go to the event. Smile and have a good time and if you make eye contact say hey with a smile and walk away.

Laugh and chat with other men and act as if you dont even remember it happened.

He will feel as if he doesnt have any value to you and that will stick with him.

Even if its an act at first you will feel better and stronger afterwards.

• Like 1
MidnightBlue1980
So its been almost 5 months with NC with a work colleague which started as a friendship and turned into a EA, i have to see him everyday, but he blanks me and hasn't said even hi to me since, it hurt for a while but starting to see him for what he really is and i know what we did was wrong, but working with someone and having to see them everyday is making my job so awkward i cant stand it anymore

my problem is we have our works do this coming Friday and that is basically how it all started last year ( our friendship turning into more) i have thought for months should i go? will i end up crying at end of the evening? should i really not go just because of him ? i know he wouldn't not go just because of me.

i just don't want it to be awkward anymore its gone so long now i can't even just say hi how are you, my friend who also works along side us, said she would say something to him just so it isn't awkward for me anymore, literally all i want is for him to be able to say hi when he walks past and to not make it so dam obvious he has a problem with me.

I have learnt a lot this year and i would like to end the year without this all still hanging over me, if i could go back and change things i would in a heartbeat.

so what should i do...

go to the works do?

try and talk to him before hand?

or not go to the works do...

leave it as it is and eventually quit my job?

If he is still flat out ignoring you over an EA it means one of two things, he either thinks you are more into him than he is into you or he still has a thing for you and wants to "be good". Or both.

Either way, who gives a crap. He's certainly not your friend and he is acting immature at work. Do not give him the satisfaction of showing him that it bothers you, no friend talking to him, this is not high school. You will only be feeding his ego and he will think - gosh, she still really loves me, poor thing, how pathetic.

Are you single or married? Can you bring a date to your party? Go to your party, look fabulous and ignore him. Watch Sex and the City seasons 1 and 2 this week to motivate yourself.

Don't cross oceans for people who won't jump puddles for you.

• Like 1
Forever broken

I live that life everyday. The guy and I still work together and we have had strict no contact for more than a year. Initially I was concerned about what my colleagues will think if we passed each other without a hello but gradually I got over that. I see him sometimes and I go about my activities like he's insignificant but deep down I still love him. You will never no.

And in my case, the spouse started working there not too long ago. So I now work with the both of them. I am looking forward to our annual Christmas party.

• Author
I live that life everyday. The guy and I still work together and we have had strict no contact for more than a year. Initially I was concerned about what my colleagues will think if we passed each other without a hello but gradually I got over that. I see him sometimes and I go about my activities like he's insignificant but deep down I still love him. You will never no.

And in my case, the spouse started working there not too long ago. So I now work with the both of them. I am looking forward to our annual Christmas party.

Your story is pretty much like mine, now i just feel angry with my self for allowing him into my life he promised it would never give me the silent treatment at work! But that was just a lie like it all was.

I dont want to be his friend its just not normal he chats to eveyone else but me its obvious to everyone he has a problem. After 5 months of not talking to me i cant see him ever saying "hi how are you" i will never have the courage to say it to him either!