Why Married Others use this board?

I am just wondering why there are so many Married Others using this board?

Is it because you believe you will find more support here than on the infidelity boards? It looks quite harsh over there the few times I've ventured across.

Just interested. Surely there should be a sub section over there for Married Others?

Edited by OWAmy
spelling
Amillionpieces

Because if I'm in an affair with a MM I'm the OW. If I'm also married that's not changing the fact that I'm the OW.

If an issue pertains to being the OW seems appropriate to put it here, yes?

• Like 6
  • Author

I think that's the part I don't understand. A MOW is VERY different to a single OW. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to minimise anyone's hurt and I personally think when things are over its a hell of a lot worse for the marrieds.

• Like 1

For general consumption, members can read this excellent thread our past moderator, Stephanie, penned on how moderation looks at this forum:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/other-man-woman/325385-am-i-posting-right-forum-read-here-update-july-30-2013-a

From my chair, it goes like this.

1. If you're involved with a committed person in an affair, whether you're single or married or LTR, this forum is generally where moderation would locate a thread.

2. However, if a married person involved with another married person wishes to post in our Infidelity forum, they may. That's because the Infidelity forum is a sub-forum of the Marriage forum and they're married. Same would apply if they are in a life-partnership situation.

I'll take a look at adding a clearer definition to the current published policies. Generally, moderation does not sanction members for mis-locating a thread but we will move a thread per our policies as appropriate.

Since discussion of how the forum operates is off-topic to this forum, I'll close this up but leave it for awhile to be read until working out the announcement stuff. Thanks for reading!

• Like 1