Things I Am Thankful for in the Aftermath

Well, it is already Thanksgiving day here on my side of the world, so Happy Thanksgiving!! Here are things I have learned about myself that I am thankful for:

I always thought that my heart was full of hate for the people that have hurt me or my family. I learned that I am not as vindictive as I used to think. I had ample opportunity to exact some revenge, some damaging to his career or his marriage, but I choose not to desecrate what, from my side, was real love.

I learned what is was to love someone and miss them more than I had ever known was possible. Hopefully I will be open to this kind of love sometime in the future.

I realized I am not that needy or very selfish, as my ex, before MM, is here, ready and hoping to get together again. He is kind and gentle and has always shown me that his love is true. So if I was a weaker person, I would have flown into his arms, knowing he would love me and take care of me and provide for me that most men wouldn’t. But I am not that selfish. Not even on days where my body aches to be held, or on the days that I need to feel loved.

I did also learn I was much weaker than I ever thought possible. Now I can see the faults and hope to make the parts stronger that need work.

Last but not least, I am thankful for LS, and all of you. I wouldn’t know where I would be without you, as I have learned so very much from all of you.

What are you thankful for in the aftermath?

• Like 6

I am grateful for having the resilience and strength to work through the pain of realizing that the man I put my heart and soul into was just taking advantage of my open, generous and loving nature. I am grateful for having the good sense to let go of the A and look upon it as a very big learning experience in establishing my boundaries, loving myself and never accepting less than what I deserve instead of holding onto the negative feelings. Finally and most importantly, I am grateful for the family and friends who have loved and supported me unconditionally throughout my life.

Happy Thansgiving LS friends!

Edited by Lovetoohard
  • Like 2

Though I'm not sure I'm in the aftermath, I feel as though I am, emotionally.

I guess that I am thankful that I always had choices, every step of the way. I think about MM and his M, and his W's knowledge of his A. They have chosen to carry on, to live with that knowledge for the rest of their natural lives. Their M was "on paper only" to begin with, so I can only imagine what it must be like to choose to deal with each other daily after this.

I'm grateful that I can leave it behind me, completely. If I choose, there will be very few reminders. And, because I'm single, I can meet someone wonderful and have a great life with that person. So while it may seem as though I "lost" in this A, I really didn't. I can have the happiness that MM and his W don't have.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you here. I hope you have a great day. :)

• Like 3
I'm grateful that I can leave it behind me, completely.

Ditto that!! The road before me is wide open... and beckoning. THAT'S what I'm thankful for. :bunny::bunny::bunny:

• Like 2

I am grateful for finding my self-respect and ceasing to be a full time doormat. Not just about exMM but in every way.

I'm thankful that LS existed to come to when I felt my soul was dying inside my body, and thankful I found the strength that as buried inside me (long lost) to call upon to keep and maintain NC.

Happy Thanksgivig

• Like 2