What do you think?

Hello,

I have been talking to Person A for about a year now. About 3 MOS into the relationship Person A told me that "A" was currently in the middle of a divorce. So 7 MOS have gone by and it has not been finalized. "A" said that these things take time and to be patient. I have discussed with A how this makes me feel very uneasy and makes me feel as though I am doing something horribly wrong. To complicate things A still lives with significant other. A has always been coming to my place at every opportunity and I am beginning to feel that this is just to escape problems at home. On the other hand I feel as though I am just a safety net and a safe place to stay. A also said, "I love you" within the first several mos of talking. We have pretty much been with each other every single day since we first started talking but its getting to the point where enough is enough. Despite the, "needing personal time talks" A still needs constant attention and to be in constant communication. I've thought to myself that perhaps splitting up would be the most appropriate option but to complicate matters worse we work at the same facility/have mutual friends.

"Let's hang out at yours, for a change."

If they really are splitting up, that shouldn't be a problem, right? They'd have separate rooms, separate friends, separate lives...

If "A" is just wanting you to do their emotional laundry, what are you getting out of it - other than a noddy badge for being such a helpful helper?