For those struggling

I saw an article today and this excerpt stood out to me. I hope it helps some of you here (myself included) to better understand why we should stop holding on to toxic relationships.

"While it’s hard to accept that not everyone who enters our life is meant to stay, we as human beings are built to encounter new people. We’re designed to explore, discover and grow, and not be held back by people who don’t have the same capacity as us.

So when we feel like we’re falling apart, we need to remind ourselves how that person made us feel. Not when we were naively content, but when we were achingly sad and bitterly confused.

Life is too short to be anything but happy, so we need to learn to surround ourselves with people who matter. We either grow with, or grow apart from people, and if it doesn’t feel right, it might be best to let it go.

People will become strangers and distant memories, but we don’t ever have to feel guilty about removing toxic people from our lives.

Nobody has the right to infect us with negativity and doubt. There will come a point in life when we’ll get tired of having to prove ourselves and we’ll get bored of trying to fix things.

It’s not giving up; it’s realizing we deserve more. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with putting ourselves first for once, and the sooner we do that, the better.

Because, after all, our broken moments don’t define us. It’s how we deal with them that does."

• Like 7

Terrific thoughts. Exactly why I dumped MM and rarely think of him anymore after 6 weeks.

I am committed to pursuing another lifestyle, another path which will not be a secret.

Poppy.

• Like 5
Ifalltopieces
Terrific thoughts. Exactly why I dumped MM and rarely think of him anymore after 6 weeks.

I am committed to pursuing another lifestyle, another path which will not be a secret.

Poppy.

I need your strength. When did you know you were done? I want to end this. I just don't know how. I'm happy your life is moving forward in a positive, healthy way.

I need your strength. When did you know you were done? I want to end this. I just don't know how. I'm happy your life is moving forward in a positive, healthy way.

I was with MM on and off for 7 years. It took me that long to realise nothing was ever going to change. I was only seeing him for probably 3-6 months at a time. We would break up and get together again.

Seeing him became very stressful for me and I don't need that.

The whole routine got boring. My needs are changing as I get older and he could never be around for me.

I am currently dating a really nice man. I would like to share my life properly with him. He will not make me a secret or neglect me when I need him.

Think of your future.

Poppy.

• Like 2

It’s not giving up; it’s realizing we deserve more. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with putting ourselves first for once, and the sooner we do that, the better.

That part resonates with me... I think I'm going to print that out and put it on my wall

• Like 1