Therapy sessions.

Do you have health insurance to help defer costs? I am very fortunate to have good insurance and only pay a small copay.

Check mental health clinics in the area, or if you live near large universities or colleges, sometimes their student center does counseling for low costs. It's worth it if you can swing it.

MuddyFootprints

Then start reading.

Follow links, research what piques your interest and what you identify with. Discuss what you read with your spouse, whether it is light or heart wrenching. Let her know what and where you are reading.

Sorry, got the golds mixed up...

That's about right. I paid $150.00. You could get higher or lower rates.

Poppy.

The cost in UK is about £45 - £65 per hour.

I'm sure folks know that they must make sure that their therapist is registered with a Professional Body and regulated? There are a lot of quacks out there...

In UK it's the British Association for Counselling and Pyschotherapy.

It's covered by my insurance, so I pay a $15 co-pay. Many people don't take advantage of that benefit, or pick a plan with it.

That is very high unless it is a psychiatrist. Typically it is 1 £$€ whatever your currency per minute. I pay £60 for the hour.

Hi

I also meant to add if you are on any kind of benefits resources may be available to you.

With my insurance I pay 35$, without it, it's 60$

Find one that takes your insurance. Some of them are out of network. There is always people that will work with you on a sliding scale also.

Michelle ma Belle

It's very difficult to give you a good estimate since there are countless variables that can affect the price; country, city, credentials, experience, insurance, company benefits, and in some cases, a sliding scale.

I live in Ontario Canada and my therapist who I've been seeing for nearly 15 years has a Masters in Social Work specializing in trauma. Currently her fees just went up to $100 per hour (was $90 for the past 5 years previously) but she offers sliding scale for patients who qualify.

I'm fortunate to have great health benefits that all but cover my sessions provided I keep them at once a month. Anything over that I pay out of pocket.

It really depends on many factors so it's best to shop around if you can.

daisygirl19

I pay $160 per hour for IC. My insurance only covers some number of sessions per year (6 I think). Her "normal" rate is $230/hour, but I was able to get it reduced to $160 :rolleyes:

FMM and I do counseling together as well, with a different therapist. His insurance covers, so we pay a $25 co-pay per session.

I have been in IC where my copay is $20. My son just started seeing a psychiatrist who does not take insurance and charges $195 for 45 minutes. I can file with my insurance and once I meet my out of network deductible, it will reimburse me about $67.