Quotes for dealing....

Here are some quote that I am saying to myself to keep my NC and to get stronger.

Feel free to post a few if you have some good ones!

Some people are going to leave, but that's not the end of your story! That's the end of their part in your story!!

In your hesitation, I found my answer!

I am thankful for the difficult people I have met. They have shown me who I don't want to be.

Everything is better when you decide you don't care....

Big or small, lies are lies!

It's time to move on........

todreaminblue
Daniel 2:21

"It is He who changes the times and the epochs; He removes kings and establishes kings; He gives wisdom to wise men And knowledge to men of understanding.

sometimes things happen we dont know why or when or how or who...but the worst things and the best things happen for a reason a season and a time

the best thing you can do is to let it happen..dont fight it..god knows...sometimes its not up to us to understand why....our path was set....and its gods will not ours.......deb

• Like 2

I don't know if you facebook but if you do, there is a cool page on there called "The Adventures of Badass Women" and there are loads of awesome quotes on there.

• Like 1

This helped me at the time:

"Some people are meant to stay in your heart but not your life."

Happy to report, he is no longer in my heart either. Just my sh*t list.

• Like 4

This is my favorite one. I read it at work when I feel like reaching out to xMM. After I read it a little light bulb goes off.

Dignity

/ˈdignitē/ noun

1. The moment you realize that the person you cared for has nothing intellectually or spiritually to offer you except a headache.

2. The moment you realize God had greater plans for you that don’t involve crying at night or drinking from a bottle.

3. The moment you stop comparing yourself to others because it undermines your worth, education and your parent’s wisdom.

4. The moment you live your dreams, not because of what it will prove or get you, but because that is all you want to do. People’s opinions don’t matter.

5. The moment you realize that no one is your enemy, except yourself.

6. The moment you realize that you can have everything you want in life. However, it takes timing, the right heart, the right actions, the right passion and a willingness to risk it all. If it is not yours, it is because you really didn’t want it, need it or God prevented it.

7. The moment you realize the ghost of your ancestors stood between you and the person you loved. They really don't want you mucking up the family line with someone that acts anything less than honorable.

8. The moment you realize that happiness was never about getting a person. They are only a helpmate towards achieving your life mission.

9. The moment you believe that love is not about losing or winning. It is just a few moments in time, followed by an eternity of situations to grow from.

10. The moment you realize that you were always the right person. Only ignorant people walk away from greatness.

Edited by GoldieLox
  • Like 5
Gloria_Smellons

I wouldn't refer to myself as religious, but I always find some strength and comfort from the good old serenity prayer. I just modify it a bit to take out the references of surrendering my will to God. I believe we all have the power within ourselves to change and to choose.

Give me grace to accept with serenity

the things that cannot be changed,

Courage to change the things

which should be changed,

and the Wisdom to distinguish

the one from the other.

Living one day at a time,

Enjoying one moment at a time,

Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,

Taking this sinful world as it is,

Not as I would have it,

Trusting that I will make all things right,

If I exercise my will,

So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,

And supremely happy in the next.

• Like 1

“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” -Helen Keller

“Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.” -M. Kathleen Casey

• Author
This helped me at the time:

"Some people are meant to stay in your heart but not your life."

Happy to report, he is no longer in my heart either. Just my sh*t list.

I love this quote! My mm is still half in my heart...I'm getting there one step at a time!