(ex)MM's wife cheated?

Just curious- Just a general ask..

Did anyone ever have/has an MM or EXMM whose wife cheated on him or is cheating during your affair? What did MM do? did he leave her and be with you? or continue to stay with her and continue to romance with you? How did you feel in the situation as the OW where the wife was cheating him and he continued to provide for her, remain with her, while he still had you? Was it frustrating and painful?

MuddyFootprints

We all have him pegged. Since you keep coming back, asking...

It doesn't matter how you imagine the situation changing, You won't see any difference until you get caught, separate from your husband and concentrate on fixing you, or completely get rid of the guy and focus on you and your marriage.

It's all the same *****, just a different day.

• Like 1
  • Author

FIrst of all, i am not asking any advise here.. Just want to know OW/OM experiences with this sort of situation and how they felt being the AP.

Maybe not quite what you are looking for, but I was seduced by a MM while I was under 18. I continued on with him for many years. Then I left the area. Fast forward five years or so after he and I have been done and wife gets caught cheating. She divorced him and he played the wounded, loyal party. At one point I was talking to him and he went on his rant. I said to him, "are you forgetting who you're talking to?"

They both remarried. Their kids are happy, healthy and they are married with kids of their own. Since he was pretty much a child molester, I think the kids were better off being raised by the wife and stepfather.

So much for stopping the affair, your just digging for a reason, any reason to maintain a relationship with MM, and betraying your husband.

Why does it matter what he does? You never leaving your marriage, right? Say you've been saying.

Hello what are you looking for? What do you want? Be honest, and don't sell us the "I'm ending it for my husband" busy.

Beside, what good is it to know how others would feel in this situation? How do you feel? Does it make you want to leave your husband? Hopefully it makes you great. At least that way you can stop making a fool of him and risking his health by sleeping with him after being with MM who is clearly a seasoned serial cheater.

Again, my situation is somewhat different, since I was no longer with him and I was single.

He was a jerk. When I found out his wife had cheated on him and was divorcing him, embarrassed him to no end, damaged his male ego, I felt a certain amount of vindication. He got what he deserved. His second wife was kind of a control freak and a bit bossy. She had never had kids, kind of alienated him from his son and daughter, which again damaged his reputation that he had so carefully cultivated.

But, I am an adult now, past middle age. I still can't help but hate the fact he manipulated the teenaged me and that I never told.

I think he would have stayed married to her to preserve the status quo, keep his house and the upper middle class lifestyle he had worked for. He would have held it over the wife's head for the rest of her life.

At the time, I was a young adult. Part of me did wish he'd come to me and have a real relationship, even though we hadn't been together for years. That is the complexity of abuse. Now, I know I dodged a really big bullet.

Just curious- Just a general ask..

Did anyone ever have/has an MM or EXMM whose wife cheated on him or is cheating during your affair? What did MM do? did he leave her and be with you? or continue to stay with her and continue to romance with you? How did you feel in the situation as the OW where the wife was cheating him and he continued to provide for her, remain with her, while he still had you? Was it frustrating and painful?

Not sure if this applies but a friend of mine had a ONS after she found out her husband was carrying on a 3 year affair. When the husband found out he lost his mind. Angry, crying, threatening, begging. He ended his relationship with his OW and promised the world to my friend. She divorced him because she would never trust him again and all the proclamations and gifts wouldn't repair that. I have no idea how his OW felt. I imagine she was hurt too. They didn't end up together as he left her when he found out about his wife.