Some things i have been thinking about

Reading for some time this forum,and have some experience from real life i have been noticing that the average man with an affair is usually in his late 40s or early 50s,and the average OW is usually up to 10-15 years younger

So what do you guys think,have you noticed anything similar? or you noticed maybe something else that might be interesting?

Edited by adna89

You may be right but I haven't noticed this. I'm often surprised to find that a lot of the people having affairs are in their 20's and 30's, and it's usually the ones that get married at a young age and have kids. My xMM was 50 when were got together, I was 45. So, there's not a big age gap between us but he was in that age group that you're referring to.

• Like 1

In my own real world experience and from what I've read so far a surprising number of OW are divorced from husbands that were addicts/cheaters/emotionally or verbally abusive/neglectful.

My exMM was in his mid-forties, as am I. We were a different "type" of typical affair...the re-kindled old romance affair.

My exH is with his former OW and she is as described...16 years his junior and he is late 40's.

There is definitely something to the 40's that makes people unsettled and looking for change, both men and women.

• Author
I was 60 and xMM was 65 so you can't generalize about it too much.

Poppy

Interesting,how Did you 2 meet ? Do you have your thread where you tell your story ?