Because the married man cares

Do you think the married man could actually be the one to end things with his mistress because he genuinely cares about her? Do you think he could look at what hes doing and say "this is unfair to this woman"? Or does he only choose to end things when he feels the OW has become a burden?

Both scenarios are possible but the latter imo is most prevalent....when AP is no longer fun, is holding him accountable for time, actions, promises....mystery is gone, it becomes too real, and it dies. Thats more selfish and nothing about it points to compassion on concern for AP. I'm sure there's exceptions, but not often...

• Like 5

I think a yes to all your questions - of course it depends on the people and situation. I had a MM end things with me because his feelings were getting to be to strong for me and i did not feel the same way for him....

• Like 1

My experience: my xMM would only suggest breaking up when I got sad, depressed, insecure and I took with out on him, whether by complaining, talking, fighting, questioning him, discussing or crying.

Other than this, no matter how sad he knew I could feel, if I wasn't complaining or demanding too much he wouldn't break up. So he only wanted to break up when I was becoming a burden for him.

This is just my experience but I believe in most cases MM will behave in a selfish way and keep the OW in the affair as long as she lets him. If she becomes a burden, then he may distance. Most MM are not the type to consider other people's feelings before their own. If they were, they would not be cheating. Not for long anyway - they'd sort their things out, no bull, no excuses.

• Like 4