Well, I'm an idiot

GreySkyMorning

Four months of complete NC and I broke it with five word email. "Just wanted to say hello." No, I really didnt. What the heck?

• Author
GreySkyMorning

I don't want to talk to him. Just yesterday, I was thinking how grateful I was that he hadn't contacted me. Things in my life are really good right now. I honestly don't know why I sent that.

Because you're human, as such, we are always our own worst enemy. You're not used to things being good and you're afraid that they're too good right now. You need the reminder of the bad guy to point out that you made the right choice. Tell your new guy how much you love and appreciate him today and delete/forget you ever sent the message. Ignore any response.

Four months of complete NC and I broke it with five word email. "Just wanted to say hello." No, I really didnt. What the heck?

Well, yeah, that was dumb.

Human, but dumb.

Instead of beating yourself up - ask yourself what you hoped to gain?

What was the end game here? Can you recall?

Better idea...why not consider how you can help prevent yourself from doing this again?

Block his methods of responding. Remove his contact information from your phone/computer/etc...

• Like 3
whichwayisup
I don't want to talk to him. Just yesterday, I was thinking how grateful I was that he hadn't contacted me. Things in my life are really good right now. I honestly don't know why I sent that.

Give it some thought. There must be a reason, whether it was instinct or you didn't think it would matter at all to say hi.

Owl is right, delete him off of your phone and get rid of his email address too.

You are NOT an idiot. You were doing great and had a slip. I did too. I was doing great and responded to an email from him...He sweet talked. I got sucked in and now he's playing the cat and mouse game again. It's so stupid.

Let's both push the reset button.

I keep pumping myself up with that Ariana Grande song, "One less problem" while I run like a mad woman after work. Seems to help!

Good luck!:cool:

bentleychic

I keep pumping myself up with that Ariana Grande song, "One less problem" while I run like a mad woman after work. Seems to help!

I got 99 problems, but you won't be one! Like what!

:p Love that song! LOL

As others said, just a blip. It's like being on a diet. You don't go eat the whole cake and ice cream just b/c you make a tiny slip. ;) Start over. :)

• Like 1