Ran into xMM on my vacation

Cdngirl5279

Just needing to get this off my chest. After 9 months of NC (yay me!), I ran into my exMM while on vacation. Of all the places to go....he just had to show up here. He knows I always go to this location every year at this time...last year when we were together he came with me for a few days. He came up to me to talk and it was weird. Any advice on how to handle the next few days would be most appreciated! I'm up tossing and turning because the sighting of him has rattled me to say the least.

He's obviously there to see you, and hopes to rekindle the affair. For him to even show up there is a crappy thing to do to you.

Stick with your NC and try to not let him ruin your trip.

• Author
Cdngirl5279

He's here with his family......its a secluded vacation spot so it will be hard to avoid him. He came up to us in the pool area last night. Its all very weird to say the least. I'm doing my best to continue the NC.

He's here with his family......its a secluded vacation spot so it will be hard to avoid him. He came up to us in the pool area last night. Its all very weird to say the least. I'm doing my best to continue the NC.

Tell him point blank that you don't want to interact with him any further...at all. Tell him to keep his distance from you while he's there...he's no longer welcome in your life.

Sometimes you just gotta be that blunt.

• Like 2

What an asshat. If you ever whitewashed his character issues before I hope you can see how he TRULY is now.

The thing is - this is all in your mind. You now give him space and energy which should be given to yourself and others. Consider this the first step in the path of "he no longer controls me" - which is what he does when YOU give him head-space. Start walking towards that beautiful indifference where he no longer matters.

• Like 3
  • Author
Cdngirl5279
What an asshat. If you ever whitewashed his character issues before I hope you can see how he TRULY is now.

The thing is - this is all in your mind. You now give him space and energy which should be given to yourself and others. Consider this the first step in the path of "he no longer controls me" - which is what he does when YOU give him head-space. Start walking towards that beautiful indifference where he no longer matters.

I was in a beautiful indifference for 6 months or so.....until yesterday. I just need to ignore him and it will be fine. I will NOT allow him to ruin my vacation.

• Like 2
whichwayisup
Just needing to get this off my chest. After 9 months of NC (yay me!), I ran into my exMM while on vacation. Of all the places to go....he just had to show up here. He knows I always go to this location every year at this time...last year when we were together he came with me for a few days. He came up to me to talk and it was weird. Any advice on how to handle the next few days would be most appreciated! I'm up tossing and turning because the sighting of him has rattled me to say the least.

Find it in you to let it go and enjoy the rest of your vacation. Ignore him if he tries to speak to you again.

Don't let him ruin your holiday!

And yes of course it was weird and probably really awkward to run into him so unexpectedly!

Remember you have 9 months of NC under your belt so dig down deep and use your strength that there's to face this.

There's no reason for him to see or speak to you again! You have a choice to talk or to walk.

• Like 1
whichwayisup

Who's us? You and who else, if you don't mind me asking?

• Author
Cdngirl5279

Sorry.....Internet connection is spotty where I am. The "us" is myself and my niece. I wish it was myself with a nEw guy! The thing that makes this more tricky is that her and his daughter were friends. So when they saw each other they went crazy playing and stuff. Which causes interactions with him And I.

• Author
Cdngirl5279

Just wanted to update that I am back home from my vacation....and my niece and I had some time without the 'unwanted intrusion' where we were staying! I felt an immediate sense of relief after they left and I didn't have to run into or see them again. Now to rebuild and get to the place I was a week ago......

Thanks so much for the support! :)

• Like 3

This would have freaked me right out!!! Glad you're home safe and sound!

• Like 1
  • Author
Cdngirl5279
This would have freaked me right out!!! Glad you're home safe and sound!

Oh I was freaked out when I noticed him....no question there! It is good to be home, still good to go away....just would've been better without THAT intrusion!

• Like 1