Why is he lying about getting married

Hazeleyes1991

I've been seeing this guy for about 4yrs and I found out that he's getting married in two weeks I have legit proof and he still lying to me he try's to shut the whole marriage thing down saying it's not true your mine I love you people always in your ear about you I don't know what to do plus im pregnant

If you know he is lying then act accordingly. :(

I'm sure you had to have a clue at some point during the four years that he was not 100% exclusive with you.

• Like 2

Wait??. what did i just read. You're dating a guy, 4 years.. Fulltime right? Committed and the whole nine yards.. You're pregnant but he's marrying someone else in 2 weeks. His response is lame... What is this proof you speak of?

• Like 3

Okie Dokie...

He's lying because for the past four years you have been buying his excuses and he was able to keep the woman he wants to marry as his real girlfriend with you as his side piece.

He wants to keep it that way.

• Like 6
I've been seeing this guy for about 4yrs and I found out that he's getting married in two weeks I have legit proof and he still lying to me he try's to shut the whole marriage thing down saying it's not true your mine I love you people always in your ear about you I don't know what to do plus im pregnant

So in 4 years, there was not one indicator that this guy had a girlfriend?

That's a really long con.

• Like 2

Does she know that the man she is about to marry is an expectant father? It might be worth having a chat with her.

• Like 8

He's lying because you are pregnant & he's scared. He doesn't want to lose his FI but he wants to keep stringing you along.

If you want the baby, go to a lawyer & figure out your child's entitlement to support. I'd probably call his FI before the wedding. She deserves to know before she marries him.

I'd also kick him to the curb no matter what. Who needs a cheating liar.

If you don't want the baby, I'd make arrangements for an adoption or an abortion now before you no longer have choices.

• Like 3
jellybean89

So for 4 years, you thought he was single..and dating no one else? Did you visit his home? Meet his family (introduced as his gf)?

• Like 1
I don't think she knows anything yet

What is keeping you from confronting her and laying open all of his lies?

• Like 4
Yes I been to his house and met his family

Have you called his family? Do they know you are pregnant?

She should know, but you shouldn't take this guy back even if she leaves him. He's a jerk! If you have/keep the baby, you will be stuck with this jerk so he can give you some small amount of child support for the next 18 years!

ThatsJustHowIRoll

What an arse...soooo...you're the one having his baby, but hes marrying someone else? Um wow.

That must be awful for you. So sorry.

Hazel,

You didn't give a lot of details in your post, but what you have said requires level headed action on your part, and without question, sooner rather than later. You've been asked a lot of questions in response to what you've told us, but I'm not sure any of them are all that relevant right now. In other words, you're in a predicament TODAY that requires you to make some extremely careful decisions. How you got here really doesn't matter.

First and foremost, every decision here rests with you... not the guy, not his family, not the fiancé... but YOU. Once you accept and understand that, you can proceed. No one can tell you what to do, myself included, but I'll throw out there what I would do, just as a point of reference.

1) Lose the guy! 4 years, 4 months, or 4 minutes, he's not a positive in your life. The relationship you've been having with him is clearly not what you thought... fiancé, or no fiancé. Wash your hands of him now. There are no answers good enough for the types of questions you want to ask him. The fact that you'd even have to ask about a wedding makes him virtually worthless to you.

2) The pregnancy is such a personal issue... all I would say is to ask yourself, "Am I in a position (financially and emotionally) to provide for, care for, and raise a happy healthy child, on my own". Yes, there are laws in place that outline all the responsibilities of the "sperm donor", but that will never (can't) guaranty that you won't spend the next 18 years in and out of court attempting to get blood from a stone. If you can't do it on your own, at least consider what your options are. Talk to a counselor ASAP if you need help in figuring this out.

3) As for the fiancé (assuming there is one), I'd have to question how bright she is marrying a guy who's capable of deceiving her in such an obvious way, but frankly, you have much more immediate issues that require your full attention. It's not up to you to be looking out for anyone other than yourself right now, so gather whatever resources you need, think long and hard about the idea of bringing a brand new life into this world, and act accordingly. This isn't about drama, or proof, or vengeance at this point. This is as serious as it gets and you have to do what's right for you, NOW! Wishing you clarity in the next few days!

• Like 2