2 Other Women

wildsunandmoon

After eight months of post-breakup, I decided to dip my foot back into the pool of dating. I opened myself up to the idea of meeting other guys. There's one guy in particular that I work with. We are in separate departments, so the likeliness of dating in the workplace getting messy is zero. He seemed like an awkward "nice guy" who has plenty of creativity and a strong work ethic. He expressed interest in me for quite sometime and recently, I finally decided to give him a chance. We have hung out in a group setting about three times, but the last time we went out with a group, there was a moment where we were left alone. We were sitting very close to each other, our sides pressing, and his eye contact was latched onto me. After that night, we texted each other and set up plans for a date with just the two of us. I waited a week to hear him follow up, but he never did. So, we both went to a co-worker's party separately. I ran two hours late and the moment I got there, he immediately came to say hello. I got excited because I thought we were going to spend time together throughout the party.

Boy, was I wrong! We only interacted three times because he spent the majority of the party following another co-worker around. Everywhere she went, he looked for her and tried to kept up conversation. When she wasn't around, he would look around to find her. Seeing this, I became very frustrated. I always had a suspicion that he was interested in this girl before we started talking to each other, but I pushed that thought away because I wanted to give him a chance. When it was time for him to leave, he gave me a hug and said that we should hang out again really soon. I honestly felt like he said it out of pity because he knew I've grown to like him and he didn't speak to me much that night.

The day after, another co-worker approached me about him and told me that before we started talking, he and her were casually seeing each other and slept together. He stopped talking to her after it happened. She was disappointed because she, too, thought he was a nice guy but realized that he was just playing the field before he moves to another state. Apparently, he has it bad for the other girl and that since she broke up with her boyfriend, he's going for it.

At this point, it is obvious that I am angry. I'm not quite sure what to do about it or if I should accept his plans to go on that date. How should I go about this?

chelsea2011

Save yourself the grief and move on before you get anymore hooked. He is still emotionally attached to someone else and that will only end up hurting you. Never date a person who is still pining for someone else. It ends up being a total mess. Tell him when he has emotionally detached himself from the other woman you would consider dating him. It's better to protect yourself.

• Like 2
whichwayisup

At this point, it is obvious that I am angry. I'm not quite sure what to do about it or if I should accept his plans to go on that date. How should I go about this?

This is no brainer. Don't go out with him! You know he isn't into you that way seeing as he was following another woman around most of the night and not paying much attention to you and also you know 'about' him from someone else. Why even bother opening that door. This guy is not worth it. A better guy is around the corner so don't waste any of your precious time on him.

• Like 2

Reminds me of someome having and heir and a spare. He has one on the hook and one circling. Only in this case, he's got a woman playing a bit hard to get.

• Like 1