I'm a jerk

Confusion_Reigns

Confusion_Reigns

I'm feeling like a major jerk. I had to tell him to stop texting me last night because I didn't want my H to see our texts. I kinda freaked out just a bit.

Long story short I told him this morning that we should stop. As much as I don't want to that maybe it's the best for him.

Really...I don't want him dragged into my drama. I don't want my H to go after him. I don't want him to get hurt. This is probably the best thing for him....and for me too.

I just need to get thru what I need to get thru. I don't want him dragged into this mess as I'm getting thru it.

It really hurts.

Why not just get a divorce so you don't have to hide it. Let your H go find someone who will be faithful to him and you can move on with someone that wont with you. Its not a jab just seems like more and more people are open to these kinds of relationships. Moving on might be the best thing for you.

Be decent in the divorce and take ownership of your mistakes and things will be split evenly and you both can move on.

Might even help to offer your H to go out and sleep with other people so he can build his confidence back while moving on with his life.

It could be a win win for both of you.

Clay

I did the exact same thing this morning. I too feel like a jerk.

My MW says she feels so guilty about doing it to me... why do it then? I just don't get you guys :o

• Author
Confusion_Reigns

We're talking now. He's ok...or saying he's ok, anyway. He's such a nice man I just hate that I said that to him...and he's so kind and understanding that I'm feeling both relieved and still like a big ol jerk to him!

I'm glad he doesn't want to stop talking to me :)

Moving on might be the best thing for you.

It is the best thing for everyone and it's on it's way. If I could just leave I would....ah, but today I'm not going to get into all of that mess if you're really interested in knowing you could look up my back story.

veritas lux mea
Why not just get a divorce so you don't have to hide it. Let your H go find someone who will be faithful to him and you can move on with someone that wont with you. Its not a jab just seems like more and more people are open to these kinds of relationships. Moving on might be the best thing for you.

Be decent in the divorce and take ownership of your mistakes and things will be split evenly and you both can move on.

Might even help to offer your H to go out and sleep with other people so he can build his confidence back while moving on with his life.

It could be a win win for both of you.

Clay

This husband doesn't deserve someone faithful to him. He doesn't deserve to be cheated on. What he deserves is to be single and alone.

OP, why have you still not set yourself free?

chelsea2011
We're talking now. He's ok...or saying he's ok, anyway. He's such a nice man I just hate that I said that to him...and he's so kind and understanding that I'm feeling both relieved and still like a big ol jerk to him!

I'm glad he doesn't want to stop talking to me :)

It is the best thing for everyone and it's on it's way. If I could just leave I would....ah, but today I'm not going to get into all of that mess if you're really interested in knowing you could look up my back story.

You should straighten out your life first and not drag another person into your personal drama. You're happy he's still speaking to you, but do you realize what you're doing? You're dragging this guy through mud in your life. Yes, he is an idiot for putting up with it, but seriously, someone needs to stop the madness. Learn from this and clean up your messes first without bringing someone else into the mix. It's cruel.