Hi LSers, I'm back and in need of a reality check..

...or a swift kick in the pants. Whatever you'd like to call it. :(

I need objective opinions and can't post about it out in the open for very private reasons. Going in let me say that yes, I'm an idiot not because of him, but me, I've come 100% clean with my family and I'm hurting very badly right now. I own that whole heartedly. I'm also heading back to therapy.

I need advice, have no where else to turn and my therapist appointment isn't until next week! :-\ I am hoping that some of the wonderful realistic current or former OW's/BS'/WS' etc of this forum would be willing to chat via PM to help me out? :-\

I need objective opinions and can't post about it out in the open for very private reasons. Going in let me say that yes, I'm an idiot not because of him, but me, I've come 100% clean with my family and I'm hurting very badly right now. I own that whole heartedly. I'm also heading back to therapy.

I need advice, have no where else to turn and my therapist appointment isn't until next week! :-\ I am hoping that some of the wonderful realistic current or former OW's/BS'/WS' etc of this forum would be willing to chat via PM to help me out? :-\

I am not able to access pm on here- read somewhere I needed a few more posts before I could. perhaps you can get your point across another way without disclosing everything

• Like 1

I would suggest posting...it is helpful to get a multitude of perspectives on an issue or challenge faced.

However, if that is something you cannot do...PM me. I'm always up for giving my opinion - it might even be good.

I do remember you...but not your story so much...I'll do a refresh.

• Like 1
Bittersweetie

Spice, it sounds like if you are coming clean with people close to you, and owning your actions, then you are on the right track toward living authentically. It's a rough road but so worth the effort. My thoughts are with you.

• Like 2
  • Author
I am not able to access pm on here- read somewhere I needed a few more posts before I could. perhaps you can get your point across another way without disclosing everything

I wish I could, but it would be difficult because I've been cyber stalked in the past and don't know who might be lurking. I can say this though. It has been an experience that has left me with some scars I'm having a hard time healing and lately I've been triggering all over the place. I am finally out of denial now and accept responsibility for my own issues that led me to this place. I ned help in standing up for myself and not letting people cross boundaries I'm not willing to cross anymore hence the need for therapy. Sounds pathetic I know, but it happened, I let it and now I've got to face the consequences for not being able to set appropriate boundaries.

• Author
I would suggest posting...it is helpful to get a multitude of perspectives on an issue or challenge faced.

However, if that is something you cannot do...PM me. I'm always up for giving my opinion - it might even be good.

I do remember you...but not your story so much...I'll do a refresh.

Thanks so much jw. I've always enjoyed reading your opinions. They are true blue! :)

My story might be hard to discipher because I was afraid to post too much about myself and what I was going through. I will send you a PM and get your thoughts.

• Author
Spice, it sounds like if you are coming clean with people close to you, and owning your actions, then you are on the right track toward living authentically. It's a rough road but so worth the effort. My thoughts are with you.

It was a big step, but I couldn't deny it anymore. I do have a wonderful family and I felt like such a sh*t for hiding this from them sooo long. :( They were definitely disappointed in me and told me that I SHOULD feel embarrassed for creating such unnecessary chaos in my life and I DO. No doubt there - multiplied by a thousand! As disappointed as they are they are there for me and willing to support me while I untangle myself and set my life straight. They made it clear that they WON'T support me if I don't! They know my secrets regarding how I hide what's going on with me and they were waiting for me to finally open up. My feet are being held to the fire now! I'm still weak though and they call me on my slip ups.

Thank you for the support!

• Like 1
I wish I could, but it would be difficult because I've been cyber stalked in the past and don't know who might be lurking. I can say this though. It has been an experience that has left me with some scars I'm having a hard time healing and lately I've been triggering all over the place. I am finally out of denial now and accept responsibility for my own issues that led me to this place. I ned help in standing up for myself and not letting people cross boundaries I'm not willing to cross anymore hence the need for therapy. Sounds pathetic I know, but it happened, I let it and now I've got to face the consequences for not being able to set appropriate boundaries.

Stalkers have their place - and its not a nice location as far as im concerned. Hope your able to get it off your chest soon

• Like 1
Speakingofwhich

If I can help, Spice, I'll be glad to, also, but you may have enough posters lined up by now. Have had experience with stalkers, too (irl, 3 of them!)

• Like 1
  • Author

Thank you Nais and SpeakingOfWhich! I appreciate the support! This place is awesome. I've had so many epiphanies being in this forum.

• Like 1