LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > The Other Man / Woman

Is my professor attracted to me?

The Other Man / Woman The other side of the story: Support and discussion for those who find themselves involved with a committed partner.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By MissBee
  • 1 Post By Lauriebell82

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st February 2012, 9:33 PM   #1

Is my professor attracted to me?

I have been in ceramics with my professor for a semester and am currently starting my second semester with him. Let me start and say that he is only 30, not a huge difference, and am merely asking this because I just want some clarity on this! I am attracted to him, and I think there a is good possibility he's into me as well, but maybe it's all in my head. This is a fairly laid back class because it's ceramics and he's a nice person, generally.
Okay, so when we had just met he (in front of the class, sort of) said "that's a pretty ring...so, you're married then...?" I said yes, and jokingly said his ring was nice is he married as well? He continued to ask me my age and how long I have been married. After a girl in the class mentioned how awkward that was for everyone because he seemed like he was hitting on me. Over the semester we continued a very friendly relationship carrying on with playful conversation about anything from music, to coffee, to our hobbies. I feel that he talks to me and stands by me or sits next to me a lot more than other students and he often looks me straight in the eyes. He joins in on my conversations with other people almost always to see what i am talking about. He heard me talking and a guy who hit on me upstairs and walked right up asking who it was, specifically and where it was. He has recently asked me to participate In an event out of school, and if I do it he will come to see me. Do you think he is attracted to me?

He wouldn't offer good grades for sex...it's ceramics, not calculus. Lol
Tweetbird23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2012, 9:43 PM   #2
Established Member

Are you married? I'm sort of confused about whether or not the married part was just part of your flirting and a joke or if you were serious?

And if you are.....ahhh.....not to be too obvious, but why does it matter if this man is flirting with you or is attracted to you? I think people who get involved with their bosses or professors, especially if it is an affair, are not making very smart choices. I think choosing one questionable thing is bad enough but don't think you should pile on other intersections of unethical relations like them being your boss or professor or friend's husband etc.
LadyGrey likes this.
Old 21st February 2012, 9:48 PM   #3

Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow where the midnight sun and the hot springs glow. Not really. Oregon.
This is such a pressing issue that it's posted in TWO fora right now. The girl's gotta know!
Mme. Chaucer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2012, 10:11 PM   #4
Established Member

Someone, or maybe a bunch of people from your class will probably be complaining to the department head (Dean) and get you moved out the class for obviously being the teachers pet, flirting and spending time with him outside of the classroom. What you and this prof are doing is UNFAIR to the rest of the class, let alone doing something really stupid. You are married and this day in age getting involved with someone who is a teacher is just a bad decision.

This guy could lose his job and you could be kicked out of class. Explain that to your husband. Hello, talking about your husband, where is he in all this? Imagine how he's going to feel when this all blows up. And you'll have nobody to blame but yourself.
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 4:48 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweetbird23 View Post
Do you think he is attracted to me?

The question is are you attracted to him?

Men flirt, professor or not. What do you see happening between the both of you? What do you want to happen? The both of you are married, what happens next. That's all that's important.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 5:22 PM   #6

Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow where the midnight sun and the hot springs glow. Not really. Oregon.
He's probably just bored.
Old 22nd February 2012, 5:40 PM   #7

I think it retreated back under its bridge ...
Old 22nd February 2012, 7:00 PM   #8

I think you all misunderstood. I'm simply asking so I know where [I]his[I] intentions are with me. That's it, plain and simple.
Tweetbird23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 7:36 PM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
I think you all misunderstood. I'm simply asking so I know where [I]his[I] intentions are with me. That's it, plain and simple.
I don't think we misunderstood.....

You said:
Quote:
I am attracted to him, and I think there a is good possibility he's into me as well, but maybe it's all in my head.
And you're posting on an Other Woman/Other Man forum about this...I'm not sure what exactly we're misunderstanding here?
MissBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 9:18 PM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
His intention is to wear you down to the point where you can't help yourself but to have sex with him. So now you have your answer. Now what are you planning to do?
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2012, 3:17 PM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
If you AREN'T interested in him, then why do you care what his intentions are? You are married, what does it matter? If you actually are NOT into him, then do you just like the attention?

Oh and I 1000% guarentee that he WOULD trade a good grade for sex...doesn't matter what the subject is, there are sleezy profs out there!
Lauriebell82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2012, 8:05 PM   #12

I don't think he'd need to trade a good grade for sex. Maybe she would have sex with him just for the privilege of it. I mean, he's a ceramics teacher and all. Practically a rock star; certainly worth risking a marriage, right?