How much cheating in marriage is going on?? How many other women are there?

How many infidelties are going on right now? I mean i keep reading posts about women falling in love with married men!! I hate this! what are these people thinking? do they care about the others that they are hurting? and WHY is it only women doing such stupid things? What is going on with my gender???

You don't have a real good perspective on this. EVERY situation is different. A lot of these things happen at the workplace where two people who are having problems in their own relationships get something going on the side. Maybe they aren't having problems...they are just aroused by each other. Lots of men start affairs when their wife is pregnant and sex becomes rare. (That one is really sad but I've seen it first hand many times.) VERY often, the man doesn't tell the woman he is married. A lot of times a man will begin an affair during a separation or during serious marital problems and the couple gets back together. A woman who is vulnerable is likely to buy the man's BS that he is not getting along with his wife, he is planning on getting divorced, he's ready to leave, blah, blah, blah. That stuff comes from the same mouth whose poured out BS to get in women's pants for many years.

This is nothing new. It's really sad. Getting married is a gamble. And with all the new venues to find people to cheat with, such as the Internet, dating services, phone services, etc. adultery seems a lot easier to pull off these days. I think it goes along with the degeneration of morality in general. There has always been cheating. It's just a bit easier now...and there are a lot more women working with men in the last 30 years than ever before in history.

Blame it on women's lib. No, don't do that....nevermind.

Hi jalexy,

Originally posted by jalexy

and WHY is it only women doing such stupid things? What is going on with my gender???

Unless there's been an explosion in the number of lesbian affairs, this doesn't make any sense. For every woman involved in a heterosexual affair, there is at least one man involved as well.

We'd also do well to remember that gender roles are a socially defined phenomenon which are interdependent on each other. That is to say, that in order to understand what a "woman" is, we need to know what a woman isn't. A more appropriate question to ask would be 'what's going on with the society I live in?'

It's a fascinating question. :) What has brought infidelity "out of the closet," if you will? What hinders the way we communicate with each other? What social obstacles get in the way of trust? Of friendship? And why is it such a difficult thing to fix? Gender is a key ingredient.

We live in an exciting, yet transitional time. We're so much more interconnected with each other and liberated on a technological perspective, but the other, more traditional elements of our culture and society haven't quite caught up.

Best wishes,

Paul

We live in an exciting, yet transitional time. We're so much more interconnected with each other and liberated on a technological perspective, but the other, more traditional elements of our culture and society haven't quite caught up.

I have often thought this very thing! Families, in general, just don't communicate with each other the way they use to. Just think of all the traditional things that have changed in families!

Often, it takes both partners to work. Mom's off in one direction while dad's off in another. How many sit down together anymore at a dinner table and talk with each other rather then in front of the television. Worse yet, each house may have multiple televisions and/or computers and everyone is often in a different room doing a different thing. Dad's on the computer, Mom's watching TV and little Timmy is in his room playing video games.

We're communicating, but just not with our families the way we use too. Guess I'm getting too old and nostalgic too. :(

i think men are sluts for whatever reason, and theres more women then men (except in Alaska) and women want family's and husbands so they don't care if they find someone Else's husband, they don't care if they hurt the wives as long as they are happy. married men have already committed so their not afraid of it and there must be something good about him or his wife would not have married him. to me when a man is older and has not married i think something must be wrong with him.

i cant figure out why married women have affairs instead of getting a divorce, if i did not want to be married to my husband i would divorce him.

single women say i fell in love i can't help how i feel apparently they cant control their actions either. men forgot about lorrena Bobbitt maybe if they had they would not screw around. i feel if you kill your husband or his girlfriend you should not go to jail because they deserved it (i would not to it but i would think about it). us women can not control our actions.

hey wheres the hoppin bunny

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the women are having the affairs with men so obviously this isn't a "'woman thing" as well, and I bet they (the men) are possibly married. I think people become unhappy and unable to change their life as they see it, and so proceed to territory they never would have dreamed possible for them.