The Other Guy: I had a feeling there was someone else in the picture

Hello all,

I have come to realize that I am the 'other guy' in my previous relationship. I was with a girl for 4 1/2 years and she was stringing me along. I had many chances to cheat and didn't. I'm not an ugly guy, she's obese and couldn't keep her pants shut! I thought men were supposed to be dogs. She would only come see me at night. When I got tired of it, I told her and she dropped me on the spot. I had a feeling there was someone else in the picture. Now she IM's me online but I blocked her screen name. This is the second time I've been cheated on when I've been faithful. It makes me feel like I shouldn't commit to any female until I am married! In any case, when your heart and soul are in a situation and you get screwed, it really hurts! I hope Karma comes back to her and breaks her heart a thousand times worse.

You have to take some responsibility for this. Don't me so mad at her...and take some of the blame here. You admitted you had a feeling something was going on and you didn't listen to yourself. We all have that little voice inside that guides us corrently. This lady did you a favor because in the future you will listen to that little voice a lot more and pay attention to what it says. This lady gave you a lot of hints along the way and you were somewhere out in the ozone. I don't think you'll do that again. You ought to wish her well in her future endeavors. She gave you a Ph.D. in relationships free of charge...she gave the classes....and you were just out to lunch.

my_mother's_daughter

You know, Tony raised a favourite of mine here, the 'little voice'. It's so true I believe we all have it, but often we just choose not to hear it, or we hear it and ignore it. This has happened so often with me, it's freaky.

I also have to reiterate his other point that maybe you've learned something valuable, when 'something' is telling you 'something', and if there are also grounds, sit up, take notice. Don't feel too bad about what's happened. You seem not to be occupied so much with the loss of the relationship but that you feel foolish. Well, you know what? we all feel like we've acted foolishly at some time. If your heart is not broken over this lady specifically, then good so.. Don't waste your time and energy on hate, it's really not worth it and brings nothing to you in the end.. Concentrate on discovering what it is from life that you really want now.