Did anyone see Oprah today?

It was eye opening!! Today's show was about a group of women who had been involved with the same man, and the man was HIV positive. Many of the women were infected by him and he was sentenced to 45 years in prison for knowingly infecting them. This guy was involved with them all at the same time!!! This show also talked about how women are so easy to believe what a man they are attracted to says without any evidence. This guy was not married, but was involved with many women at one time, but not telling the truth to any of them. I see many similarities between this guy and my xMM. Only difference is I knew my xMM was married and I required a HIV and STD test twice during our relationship. After seeing this show I started thinking what if my xMM was having sex other women and with his wife without telling me?? I could still be at risk for STD's and HIV even though I saw his tests. They lie and that is the bottom line. :mad:

Can't say that I saw Oprah today. But I also don't need to see her show to know that the situation (MM lying to get into your pants and anyone else's all at the same time) you speak of is possible.

I hope all of your HIV tests are negative. That man deserved 45 lashes along with his sentence for doing that to them.

I didn't see it but I suppose anyone could lie about anything when you think about it. I think that was an usual case, really. It's sad, though, that people care so little about others that they're willing to pass on a disease to them. He deserves to go to jail.

YES, I did watch the show today. I am definitely aware that HIV is being spread like a wildfire. To watch those women reveal their pain was awful. Like so many posters have said, putting yourself at risk is enough, but putting our spouses at risks for our selfish choices is even worse.

One of my greatest fears is the health of my children. All I can do is pray and inform them of the risks and consequences, not only with sex, but with other choices in life.

My friend called me to tell me NOT to watch. Why, well because my ex of 11 yrs was cheating on me with a MW who has HIV and they were having sex for a year unprotected and he came home to me every night to do the same with me. She thought it was best I not see it

He's infected, I never was. Karma is good!

It's a scary world out there...as women, we have to take care of ourselves...and as women, watch out for each other...cause in the end..men will lie to get what they want...they always have...and they always will:mad:

It goes back to another thread here on LS....

Simply use condoms while having sex in an affair, and much of this worry would be eliminated.

I saw today's show.

It was sad.

On the stage was a group of intelligent women who all thought that they didn't fit the profile of someone who could catch HIV.

I noticed a thread in the Infidelity section a few days back where one of the posters stated that she didn't use condoms with her married lover because they both lived in an affluent area, had prominent jobs, etc.

Same thinking.

Blindsidedagainalive

This behaviour is not about intelligence.

Careless, reckless, selfish are what it takes.