Emotional manipulation

I did a quick google search on emotional manipulation. Found a great article by Fiona McColl titled "Eight Ways to Spot Emotional Manipulation"

While I had already realised that this is what xmm was doing to me - one of the many reasons i left the A, it has opened my eyes and scared me to death, and reinforced to me the need for NC.

Have a read and tell me what you think, i need to work through this i think. Havent cried for a while and i feel a little stuck. Im in a MUCH better place, and feel like i have started to recover, but feel like im moving too slow

Wow~ Im not sure that I found exactly the same article, BUT I have to say that this article will be forwarded to MW. Her P does all that crap! This isn't hearsay, I've seen, I was friends with both of them for a long time. I always knew that there were certain times that I felt incredibly uncomfortable around her P, these were the times. I always felt like her P and I had a psuedo friendship, she always said we were freinds, and we talked like friends do, but it never felt 'real'.

As a side note this was before the affair, EA or PA.

MW and I have talked about emotional abuse, and this is it, but the info we've found online (we were researching for a class actually) was always a little off. This is MW's P.

Now I have to add that some of the things listed can just be someone who's confused or unsure of themselves and going about it the wrong way. They may not be like that ALL the time, just going through a phase. Sometimes it truly involves not wanting to hurt the other persons feelings. BUT I'm a huge proponent of real honesty. I'm very clear with close friends that I would rather hear the truth no matter how painful it 'might' be for me, rather than be lied to, and possible find out at a later date. Being lied to is a huge hard boundary for me.

(and yes I'm aware of the fact that I enable someone to lie to someone else)

I am still shocked by the article, by the fact that everything described is everything that MW's P does. And sadly as I type this I know that MW KNOWS all this, but chooses to stay for the reasons that she tells me.

Since I'm absorbing as I go here. I want to thank you, it at least gives me a deeper understanding of certain dynamics.

Not sure that this helps you any, but it was mindblowing for me. . . :)

~99