Why do people cheat?

White Flower
The obvious answer is because they can - why do we need to study it ?

Well I for one think it's a good question and I think there are a variety of reasons. I personally don't do it because I can and I don't do it because I'm desperate for sex on the side. There are a mulititude of reasons; for me-it was an unusual love that was delivered in the MM/MW package in the beginning.

As for the link the font was too small:mad:

LakesideDream

For most men that I know, it's usually about "conquest" rarely about love, affection, or even desire. There are many exceptions I am sure however I haven't known of many personally.

For women? I don't know, actually I have no idea. I have never been able to successfully put myself into a womans shoes, and anticipate her thoughts. I don't imagine it has as much to do with conquest though.

Reasons/psychologies are as varied and sundry as the individuals on earth. Personally, I think that report needed to be interpreted and cleansed of references by a normal person :D

Of course there are all kinds of reasons, one of which may be for excitement. You get in a routine, a rut, or just going along with your life day in day out. Someone interesting comes along, catches your eye or stirs up some emotion previously not felt in awhile and bam, there you are.

I did it once, because I was a stupid young man. Flattered by the interest of an attractive woman, going through a hard time at home, they are the stand by reasons I and others have used. But they are just lame excuses.

I remember the look on my wife's face when I confessed to her. I never want to see an expression like that again on another persons face. She hit me square in the jaw, all five feet of her, and I deserved it.

Thinking about it now, even after all these years, its been over twenty now, I still feel a personal shame about it. It is by far the single biggest black mark I consider I have on my heart.

Never again will I harm a person like that. Ever.

I did it once, because I was a stupid young man. Flattered by the interest of an attractive woman, going through a hard time at home, they are the stand by reasons I and others have used. But they are just lame excuses.

I remember the look on my wife's face when I confessed to her. I never want to see an expression like that again on another persons face. She hit me square in the jaw, all five feet of her, and I deserved it.

Thinking about it now, even after all these years, its been over twenty now, I still feel a personal shame about it. It is by far the single biggest black mark I consider I have on my heart.

Never again will I harm a person like that. Ever.

Nice to hear. I think in this scenario you more than learned from your mistake.

I've never cheated. When i'm involved i only have tunnel vision for that one person. Though, i can see in certain situations, as i've matured, it isn't alway so clear cut.

child_of_isis

Yup!

I don't know if this is the case for men though. I can't speak for them.

stirs up some emotion previously not felt in awhile and bam, there you are.
Yup!

I don't know if this is the case for men though. I can't speak for them.

Some, but certainly not all ;)