You Always Have A Choice..never Forget That!!

LOVE DAISIES

I read thread after thread after thread on the OW/OM forum..from

affair partners who are TRYING to extricate themselves from the jaws

of an affair they feel stuck in. I have been there. It's like being held

prisoner in a relationship you are miserable in.......except you HOLD the

key to get out.

It SHOULD be cut and dry....but somehow it's not. If we don't suffer, then it feels like we are giving up on something important to us. In the end though, SOMEONE gets hurt. Most of the time, it is the affair partner.

I think we need to remember..you ALWAYS have the power to walk away. YOU can end the affair. It is NOT up to the MM or the MW. They do NOT dictate YOUR life OR your happiness. They never have...YOU choose

this life It is a CHOICE....and there are always consequences to your

actions. Whether it's now...or in ten years....there are always consequences.

I wish I had never been involved with a MM...but I was. Letting him go

was by far one of the hardest things I've ever done. But it gave me

control of my life again. I never want to feel that out of control or weak

again. Being in an affair was a severe disadvantage to me...it never enriched my life....even though at the time I THOUGHT it did. All it did was kill my soul, little by little.

Now I feel free........and TRULY happy..for the first time in a long time.

Thanks for "listening"...

Good for you.

I agree with so much that you wrote. I think alot of it applies to any dysfunctional/toxic/out of balance relationship.

You are so right. You put yourself (and stay) where you choose to be.

Also it is difficult to let go of someone that you love. Even if it is just an idea or touch of an idea that you liked about yourself in their presence (that you can hold onto and give to someone else). Someone that truly loves you, would never put you in a position to feel weak or out of control. You are right, over time that is soul draining.

There is a great quote that someone here had as their signature that spoke to that person deep inside of myself when I was reeling from my break up and trying to figure out how I got so stupid.

"People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar. --Thich Nhat Hanh

I'm glad you are out of a bad situation and see that much more happiness can be attained when you let go of the negative.

Good luck to you Daisies.