Just needing to post an e-mail that I may never send

Mr. ******,

First, let me say I really hope that you read this. Secondly, the reason I contacted you this morning had to do with phone calls again. I do not know whom they were from but, I have never had phone calls come into the phone at 1 a.m., 2 a.m., 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. with a blocked number and no messages left. With the exception of a few people, there is no one else I can think of outside your household that would contact me at these hours and continue to do so without leaving a message. I apologize if I am incorrect in my assumptions but history has led itself otherwise.

Next, I will state that the phone call in the afternoon was to make a statement to you that the phone number has been changed. I held on as long as I could before changing it, I truly did not want to resort to being forced into doing so, but, I finally came to terms as there are no other solutions that I could stomach doing at this time. You can rest assured that my so called 'nuttiness' regarding the phone calls on my personal phone will cease. I could say that I hope that they will no longer continue at work but again, history speaks otherwise. I guess this statement will go against your accusations that "I like speaking with her". Also, the phone call was to hopefully provide you with a piece of mind, that I harbor no feelings for you, either good or bad. You are the manager of ******, period, that is how I view you and will only continue to see you in that respect. You have asked that I see you as nothing but a co-worker, your wish has been granted. The circuit breaker has popped and is now irreparable. However, I will say that I can not view you as a co-worker because, this classification means that two individuals can co-exisit in a respectable manner. I again will only see you as the manager of a division that will go out his way to try and force me to leave by whatever measures he seems necessary to redress the situation that he is faced with at home. I have no compunction regarding the phone call. Enough is enough. When I step back and can no longer recognize the reflection from the mirror then changes are needed. The comment Friday at work asking if "Iwas a fu***** retard" or the one today stating that "I am a fu***** idiot" has made me realize you are not a person that I would want to know on a personal level. I will no longer apologize for knocking on your office door when I need to ask a work related question, nor can I stand back and continue to allow you to act inappropriately when I have to accompany other office personnel into your office. I refuse to tell anyone that I am not allowed into your office because of a past mistake and for your fear that your wife will find out that I had a job task to complete that involved your assistance. Everyone else in the office has the indulgence to walk into your office whenever deemed necessary to chat about sports or whatever else and the same applies to you. I can not expect the same type of 'normalcy' because of the crime I committed. Long ago I accepted that I am not viewed as others are on staff by upper management. In the future if the occasion shall ever arise that I need to ask a question or enter your office I expect a little bit of decency. I have not and will not go out of my way to speak with you unless I have to.This is the reason I did not attend the Christmas office function and I why I only showed to the anniversary party momentarily. For several months I believed that I have graciously taken every insult from both you and her to the best of my ability; even if my best was not adequate enough for you.

I have made a HUGE mistake in my life but I do believe that I have suffered enough pain and humiliation at the hands of the UN-deserving. I can not approach you at work nor can I obviously contact you by phone. This will be the last you will hear regarding this. I have begged, pleaded and cried to you, which I am ashamed that you were the one to break me. The truth finally comes out on how you view me and now I can fall back on the last words spoken regarding the latest insults.

GreenEyedLady

Don't send it...

You want him to think of you not missing him...

You feel all those things, but don't give him the satisfaction of knowing it's because of him...

(((HUGS)))

torranceshipman

What a piece of s**t he is - I feel for you, because I worked for the guy I was once involved with and he pulled a bullying act like yours is doing too...so I know how you feel!

You are one hell of a strong woman to take all this on the chin and be so professional - it must be v.hard for you....but he is really below you, and a complete idiot and a bully - keep on going with this dignity of yours - hugs!!!

Thats a hard one.

He isn't doing his job because of a previous A. Isn't that going to effect your job performance?

I believe that there should be an e-mail sent regarding his behavior on work related events. If this man is in fact the district manager it is his responsibility to communicate with you on work related issues.

This is something he needs to know.

I would re-type the e-mail expressing that your communication in the work place has been affected by personal issues, etc., and send it to him and the human resources director. Let him know you have had enough of the bullsh*t and an A isn't going to get you fired.

Take a stance for yourself at work and leave the dirty, personal details out of it.

Wow, does he sound like a POS!

Good luck

• Author

It has been a week since I wrote that e-mail and I did not send it. I chose to approach him once the majority of other co-workers left and asked him for his assistance on an issue. He was reluctant at first but then I stated that I needed to clear all the negative air between us. He has basically accused me to others that I had been calling him and blocking my number. Although, I have told him for several months that it was not me and he was more than welcome to view my phone records (I only have a cell phone) and every number that I call is shown on the bill. Finally, yesterday I took them in to him making the above statements. Of course he denied making this accusation against me. Long story short, most of the items that I felt he needed to know, especially that I do not have any feelings towards him and only wanted to co-exist in the workplace with some type of decency without the issues that I wrote in the e-mail.

I then stated to him that I hope for him the best in his personal issues. His response was about the same as I had expected except his statement that he once though of me as a rock and I was solid and I could walk away from this as no big deal. I could only state at that moment that I am only human and do have feelings/emotions and that one day I hope that he could see me in that same light.

What an A**. How does a person expect one to walk away shrugging thier shoulders as if it were no big deal after hearing all the things that were stated in the past (during the A) not wanting to let go, cares/loves me to much it will hurt him not being with me ect. ect. and then have 9 months of harrassment from his wife? I of course did not pose the question and just let it alone.

Anyway, I feel better about not sending and addressed work situations and accusations in person. Thanks for the replies.

GreenEyedLady

Keep moving forward! He sounds like a real a******! You're better off without him! You're very strong and sounds like you are making your own closure! Good luck!

(((HUGS)))