Poem I found in another forum. Says it all for me.

waterwoman

She was here.

In his mind,

In our lives.

I never saw her.

They wrote a story I will never read.

Painted a picture I will never see.

She's still here.

In our minds.

In our lives.

I see her now too.

The rip or slub no stitching can repair.

Sewn into the fabric of our marriage.

She will fade.

From our minds.

From our lives.

Her presence eclipsed.

Their story just a chapter in our book.

Painting merely part of our gallery.

The last two lines are exactly right - it's now a tiny part of a very big picture.

• Like 6

Your intro and closing to this posting are so brief that it's impossible to tell whether someone has written a poem about your infidelity or whether the poem is evidence of the other's infidelity.

In any case, it's worth showing it to him or her and talking about it. The poem isn't any clearer than are your intro and conclusion to this posting. If the poem is about a triangle, the writer of the poem could even be writing about his or her faith/god as the third party. Alternatively, the marriage could be suffering because the writer of the poem is clinically depressed, and medication or therapy may help.

I don't see clear indication of infidelity here - it isn't a love letter with reference to someone's underwear left in a car or plans to leave a spouse. It's all opaque. Most poetry is opaque and obscure - conveying mood, rather than historical events.

Talk it out.

• Author

Talk what out?

Its about a woman getting over her partner's affair - I know it is because the person who wrote it said so.

I just thought it said exactly how I feel

• Like 2
She will fade.

From our minds.

From our lives.

Her presence eclipsed.

Their story just a chapter in our book.

Painting merely part of our gallery.

Thanks for sharing the poem. I hope to live long enough to get to this point.

• Like 5
Talk what out?

Its about a woman getting over her partner's affair - I know it is because the person who wrote it said so.

I just thought it said exactly how I feel

Waterwoman, some have not been here that long and don't know your story, or mine for that matter. So, they don't understand.

Yes, those last two lines are perfectly explanatory of how things become after the A.......years later.

• Like 1

I saw the poem too. It really says it all. And that's her view with a WW that's going everything he should in the reconciliation process.

It's a horrible indelible stain in a marriage, that only time can heal.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
happiness-matters

Wow. I found that to be so true. Almost 3 years from DDay. It's so sad how this can still effect someone this far out.

Thanks for the post.

• Like 1