Bad dreams

katielee

Here we are at our lake home for the second night ever, kids coming today, and I had nightmares ALL night. Him serial cheating, getting it on at work all day. And now I'm up early and angry and he didn't even do anything.

I could be scared to move forward with this new dream of ours. It could be my body saying "not so fast," as a defense mechanism.

I will tell him when he wakes up.

I need more intimate talk in our marrued life. The last time we talked though he threw things...

I just do not know how to meet both our needs him- positive experiences only. Me- occasional difficult conversations.

Oh he did one last week and I was fine.

15 businesses won some sort of award in our city. Hubby's, OW1 and OW2's as well. Since hubby is in charge they asked him to attend the dinner. He asked if I wanted to go knowing either OW could be there but likely not. He said he wanted me to be comfortablr. I said lets go and just leave if they're there. We haven't decided what we'll do. I know I couldn't stomach being in the room with a dozen other couples and them being there. But there's no reason we couldn't go and he suddenly get explosive diarrhea if they are.

I'm trying. But in a growly mood.

He just got up and I told him about my bad dreams, how it made me mad at him for no reason, he understood and gave me a hug. Said I should have woke him up.

Edited by katielee
  • Like 1
MuddyFootprints

I can imagine how stressful moving and re-adjusting must be. Congratulations on your step toward a new beginning.

Dreams can be disturbing. I note that you are using this dream to get to a particular root of your subconscious, which is great. The answers aren't usually immediate.

To share an example: I recently had a rather disturbing dream about the person I got involved with.

While the message was clear in my dream, it took a few days to figure out what my subconscious was telling me by suggesting that my spouse and I not go around looking for dead bodies in the yard.

I dream a lot and have so many stories. Lol.

ShatteredLady

Ugh! I'm so sorry. Dreams & triggering do the same to me. I HATE that feeling! Sitting in the morning or the middle of the night with stomach churning pain as if something's just happened. It feels so real. It's truly horrible. I'm interested to see what advise you get on this thread....

Here we are at our lake home for the second night ever, kids coming today, and I had nightmares ALL night. Him serial cheating, getting it on at work all day. And now I'm up early and angry and he didn't even do anything.

I could be scared to move forward with this new dream of ours. It could be my body saying "not so fast," as a defense mechanism.

I will tell him when he wakes up.

I need more intimate talk in our marrued life. The last time we talked though he threw things...

I just do not know how to meet both our needs him- positive experiences only. Me- occasional difficult conversations.

Oh he did one last week and I was fine.

15 businesses won some sort of award in our city. Hubby's, OW1 and OW2's as well. Since hubby is in charge they asked him to attend the dinner. He asked if I wanted to go knowing either OW could be there but likely not. He said he wanted me to be comfortablr. I said lets go and just leave if they're there. We haven't decided what we'll do. I know I couldn't stomach being in the room with a dozen other couples and them being there. But there's no reason we couldn't go and he suddenly get explosive diarrhea if they are.

I'm trying. But in a growly mood.

He just got up and I told him about my bad dreams, how it made me mad at him for no reason, he understood and gave me a hug. Said I should have woke him up.

katielee,

Dreams are just that dreams. I would not give them too much weight. Myself, I always know I am dreaming, so I have fun with them, even the "nightmares".

Looks like your husband knows that you are going through a tough time, and is supporting you. One good strike for your reconciliation. Personally, I would just not let it ruin my day or his. Your strategy for dealing with the possibility of the 2 OW, is good, and your Husband backs you. I say go forth and conquer.

Wish you all the best and luck.

I'm sorry about your dreams :( Bad dreams with a personal bent always leave me feeling unsettled for the rest of the day. I hop you were able to talk and get some peace and relief.