hysterical bonding

snappytomcat

anyone experience this,on dday I just couldn't get enough of my husband sexually,but I was so confused,and disgusted with myself,how could I let a man who cheated on me get close to me,and sexually,we had sex morning,noon,and night and I really did think something was wrong with me,that I finally just went nuts,and had to be locked up,this went on for 5 months,i was just crazy about him doing it where ever,so one one our counseling sessions,even though I was so embarrassed to talk to about such a thing I did,and our counselor said its very normal,so I did some research on it,and I was normal after all,lots of betrayed spouses go through this,i was so happy to know I wasn't the only one,we still have a lot of sex but not as much as that 5 month period,my husband loved it,but is very happy with what we have now

• Like 1
confusedandhurt2002

Yes, I did and yes, I was ashamed of myself and of my behavior. Absolutely. He did this to me, but I was sleeping with him and wanted him?! Eew! I was shocked at how sexual I became..like I was staking my territory. LIke a dog peeing on his fence or something. lol. It was awful and yet fun and then awful again. Sometimes I'm still ashamed by how I acted then. We are still together and he's pleased with the sex we are having, as am I, but I hated it too this betrayal to bring us to him actually caring about me sexually.

anyone experience this,on dday I just couldn't get enough of my husband sexually,but I was so confused,and disgusted with myself,how could I let a man who cheated on me get close to me,and sexually,we had sex morning,noon,and night and I really did think something was wrong with me,that I finally just went nuts,and had to be locked up,this went on for 5 months,i was just crazy about him doing it where ever,so one one our counseling sessions,even though I was so embarrassed to talk to about such a thing I did,and our counselor said its very normal,so I did some research on it,and I was normal after all,lots of betrayed spouses go through this,i was so happy to know I wasn't the only one,we still have a lot of sex but not as much as that 5 month period,my husband loved it,but is very happy with what we have now
  • Like 1

I'll bet he did!!!! Lucky guy!!

Totally normal.

Shortly after D-Day when we were "fake" reconciling, we were sexual like rabbits. For me (and maybe her) it was part of the initial shock of being in denial. Me that things were wrong and for her, being caught.

But once reality started to creep back in and we were forced to confront the reality of what was going on, it made things much more difficult.

experiencethedevine

Perfectly normal. Hysterical bonding is indeed a process of reclaiming that which is ours. A normal reaction to a deeply traumatic event where we are rooted in fear of losing all that we have known to be 'true' and believed in.

• Like 1

Yeah it happened to me too. It feels like you're reclaiming whats yours. After my dday, I didnt want to touch my wife. It was weird because she disgusted me but I wanted to break the bed f'ing her. I think it was an ego thing to show her no one can do her like me.

Once it started we were like rabbits for weeks, everyday, sometimes multiple times a day. Its been almost 3 months since dday and its gone down a bit (it had to just because we were doing it so much). We went from once, maybe twice a week of boring duty sex to about 5-6 times a week of passionate, hot sex.

Perfectly normal. Hysterical bonding is indeed a process of reclaiming that which is ours. A normal reaction to a deeply traumatic event where we are rooted in fear of losing all that we have known to be 'true' and believed in.

THIS....and I did not feel the least bit disgusted or ashamed.

Why should I? He was my HUSBAND and I loved him.

The shame was his....and her's alone.

Plus, we had always had a wonderful sex life and whether we stayed married or divorced the affair was not robbing me of one more amazing aspect of my life. Period.

• Author
THIS....and I did not feel the least bit disgusted or ashamed.

Why should I? He was my HUSBAND and I loved him.

The shame was his....and her's alone.

Plus, we had always had a wonderful sex life and whether we stayed married or divorced the affair was not robbing me of one more amazing aspect of my life. Period.

good insight sparks,very true words

I think I just felt disgusted because she was disgusting,and they didn't use protection,but I was so happy to know it was normal