LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships > Infidelity

Things that every wayward spouse needs to know

Infidelity In an affair or suspect your significant other? Share your experiences and concerns here.

Like Tree113Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd February 2013, 1:32 PM   #16
Established Member

The majority of the time spent reading this, I kept saying to myself "no." I could never give a WS a second chance. I wouldn't want her anywhere near me after having an affair. Holding the betrayed spouse while they cry? Really? No, more like you'd better get away from me. It's wonderful if anyone can find an ounce of comfort in this information, but it, in my opinion, is just a self-help manual for betrayers who get caught and want to stay with their wives/husbands because the one they cheated with isn't relationship material. If they were, they'd be with them legitimately. An alternate title for this could be "How to Weasel Your Way Back In After The Fun Is Over."
Old 4th February 2013, 1:27 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne1707 View Post
As a fWS who has successfully reconciled, I can see a lot of truth in the OP including what is needed for a chance at reconciliation.

However this suggestion:

is not always true. It's certainly not true in my case.
There are always exceptions to the rule, but I think it is few and far between and shouldn't be the problem of the BS to wonder if fond memories of the affair are being had.
nofool4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 1:42 PM   #18

Which will bring me back to my feelings on the matter, why keep a cheater when either way you go it sucks to have to think about what the WS did, will do again, or thinks.
nofool4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 2:11 PM   #19
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Updating this thread to accept new responses.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 2:42 PM   #20
Established Member

I wanted to point out a recent thread that I thought would be helpful to wayward spouses because I think sometimes WS may not fully grasp this aspect of the betrayal. As a WS, this thread really hit home for me as my H made a life decision during the time I was in my A. He actually told me later he would have made a different choice if he had known. I know many WS don't want to tell because they don't want to hurt their spouse...but have you (WS) ever thought about the decisions your spouse is making based on the life they think they're living, which is not the truth?

Does one feel robbed or burglarized by infidelity?
Old 22nd April 2013, 4:30 AM   #21
Established Member

Yahoo! Shine - Women's Lifestyle | Healthy Living and Fashion Blogs

I have a feeling I haven't copied the link too well. It is a guide for WS to how to begin rebuilding trust. Hope it is useful.

Just checked and it works!!
Old 5th June 2014, 10:59 AM   #22
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Bumping thread to re-open for topical responses regarding resources and information a wayward spouse may find valuable. Remember, no member arguing in here. Sanctions for that are stronger now. Save it for PM's or other discussion threads and preserve your posting privileges. Thanks!
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2014, 12:50 PM   #23
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittersweetie View Post
I wanted to point out a recent thread that I thought would be helpful to wayward spouses because I think sometimes WS may not fully grasp this aspect of the betrayal. As a WS, this thread really hit home for me as my H made a life decision during the time I was in my A. He actually told me later he would have made a different choice if he had known. I know many WS don't want to tell because they don't want to hurt their spouse...but have you (WS) ever thought about the decisions your spouse is making based on the life they think they're living, which is not the truth?

Does one feel robbed or burglarized by infidelity?
I just wanted to comment on my post that, unfortunately, this thread no longer exists on Love Shack. I thought it was an important read for WS in that it pointed out instances where BS felt "robbed" by their WS during the A.

Examples that I can remember:
- holidays/vacations when they thought WS was with them, but was texting or email their AP
- life decisions they made regarding careers, children, etc based on the fact they thought they had an exclusive marriage
- other memories that are now "tainted" because the WS was speaking with or saw the AP during that time

Just food for thought, thanks.
Bittersweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2014, 1:18 PM   #24
Established Member

Anything by Frank Pittman is a great read.
BetrayedH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2014, 11:43 PM   #25

I love this OP. Too bad it is too late for my WW to read this. But great post indeed.
StrongHusband is offline   Reply With Quote