She Cheated

ognosticone

ognosticone

My wife had an affair with a G. I. just before he shipped out. She has said that she is sorry once, and refuses to discuss it further. I have been cheated on by an ex-girlfriend so I've been here before. My wife moved out last week. She says she just wants to prove to herself that she can be independent. We spend all our time together anyway. I know the only way I can get past the affair is to become affectionate / intimate with her again, but she has made herself emotionally unavailable, and won't even let me hold her. I think I love her more than she loves me. We got in a fight last night and she told me I could "f*ck who ever I wanted to f*ck." I don't want that with anyone but her. Do I move on and get a divorce or do we keep trying? Does she even want me at all? What do I do?

It sounds like whatever problems you had in your marriage, you allowed them to go way too far before seeking help. It doesn't sound to me like counselling would do much good. But that's an avenue you might want to discuss with your wife. She sounds pretty angry about something and only you would know what that is. Wives don't tell their husbands to go out and screw whoever they want unless they are mad as hell.

YOU ASK:

1. "Do I move on and get a divorce or do we keep trying?"

It doesn't sound like she's trying. If she won't go to counselling and she won't communicate with you in a civil way, divorce may be the only answer.

2. "Does she even want me at all?"

Not now. Until her anger is resolved, you don't stand a chance. What did you do to her? Or did you just neglect her? Once love dries up, it's hard to get back. Right now, it doesn't sound like she wants much to do with you at all.

3. "What do I do?"

The situation is critical and it may be too late. I would seek professional counselling for the both of you if possible. If that doesn't work, be sure you learn more about women and relationships before you try this again.

[color=darkred]Even though you care deeply for her, its obvious that she is having a dilemma trying to do the same for you. Chances are, she told you to **** who you wanted to **** so she wouldn't feel so bad about doing it herself. I can almost guarantee that she doesn't want the married life. For some people, it can be too much of a burden to ask them to be monogomous and your wife seems to fit the bill. I hate to say it, but it seems to be the case.

:bunny: Drew :bunny:[/color]