Snooped through his phone--did I have the right?

hopelesslyjealous

hopelesslyjealous

Well I guess my screen name can serve as an indicator of the way that I feel right now.

My SO and I live together. We were supposed to meet up for a weekend getaway recently. We got into a fight the day before we were supposed to leave and he told me not to come. Stubborn, I didn't get on the plane. I didn't hear from him for two days. I had hit the end of my rope and was pretty freaked out, to say the least. His old cell phone was sitting in the drawer, so I turned it on and started going through it. I have NEVER done this before and up until that point had no desire to. I found some things that he hadn't been straight up with for months (other girls, etc). One of these girls was really interested in him not too long ago and she just so happened to live in the city we were supposed to have spent the weekend together in. I had to know if he was not contacting me because he was with her, so--this is where it gets even worse--I called her. He wasn't with her, thankfully, but I did call and confront him about the things that I had found. We haven't really been the same since. I feel like what I did was wrong and terrible and unlike me, but I don't know why he can't let it go...did I have any right to do this??

LakesideDream

If he were I, it would be very over with you. I had a "phone" experiance a year or so ago, a lady friend going through my phone when I was out of the room.

I actually caught her... when caught she became defiant, with a santimonious you have a lot of women in you phone. I said "like who"... She began to smugly name them. X = my adult daughter, XX = 2x a month housekeeper, XXX = Bookeeper and the beat went on.

At the end I asked for the phone, took it from her and invited her to please leave my house.

I don't believe you had ANY right to go through his phone. You aren't married for one thing. Second, you had NO reason to be suspicious. You simply invaded his privacy.

You should tell him what you did.