LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships

Men- if you had one last day with your wife

Marriage & Life Partnerships Debunking the old-ball-and-chain stereotype one couple at a time.

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th January 2018, 3:43 PM   #1
Established Member

Men- if you had one last day with your wife

If you had one last day to spend with your wife/gf/so, end of the world, sickness, old age, whatever your imagination conjures, how would you choose to spend it?
norudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 3:06 AM   #2
Established Member

Singing her songs.
Cullenbohannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 7:17 AM   #3
Established Member

Not with my ex, but with current GF...

We would make love all day. I would cook something she likes, eat and go back to bed to make love...
BluesPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 7:36 AM   #4
Established Member

Preparing a list of things she needs to take care of - to keep the home, finances, family, and things running smoothly. Or perhaps getting other people or services to do it in my place - because she would not.

I would want things to keep running smoothly and not cause problems in my absence. Not very romantic - I know - but looking out for things.

My kids - that might be more deep talks.

Last edited by dichotomy; 19th January 2018 at 7:39 AM..
dichotomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 8:43 AM   #5
Established Member

I would go somewhere away from family and friends. I could see a bed and breakfast in the mountains or a small beach town. Or the nicest hotel room I could get in a large city. Leave all electronic devices or turn them off. It would just be time for us.

Probably start the day making love. Room service - breakfast in bed. Then maybe spa treatment together. Massages and whatever else she wanted. Maybe a yoga session together.

Then we'd get out. Do things we like. Whatever that may be. I'm a prankster, so I'm doing something to scare her. Something to make her laugh. Something outrageous. Skydiving or something like that. End our time out at the best restaurant I can find.

Then, we'd go back to the room. Spend the rest of the day simply being together. Talking, cuddling, ... whatever we want.

There will be no moping or sadness on my last day. Just time spent together and appreciating each other.

Then I'd probably order roses to be delivered to her a year from now. Include a letter telling her what she meant to me, how I appreciated having her in my life, and that I hope she lives the rest of hers to the fullest.
MidKnightDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 11:58 AM   #6
Established Member

Just being together. Lots of closeness. No plans. Probably talking about our families, us when we were younger, dogs we've loved together, stuff like that.

Telling her what makes her special and magical to me, and how thankful I am that we met and had the adventures we had.
Sunlight72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 5:16 PM   #7
Established Member

"Don" would want to stay in bed all day.

We would make love, cuddle and talk.
BettyDraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 5:33 PM   #8
Established Member

Well she's not my wife anymore but if she was I'd lock her in a closet and go hiking.
browzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 5:34 PM   #9
Established Member

Lots of touching, talking. Crying. Maybe sex. Hard to say without knowing the circumstances whether we would be in the mood. What about our children, families, etc? I imagine there would be lots of worries to keep us occupied.
Old 19th January 2018, 6:03 PM   #10
Established Member

if I knew if life was coming to an end and I would
hope to have enough time to drive coast to coast on the
old us routes. Camping on the way.

The end to come on the beach that evening when we reached
the west coast. Have a camp fire and watch the sun set.
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 9:53 PM   #11
Established Member

Thanks for bringing up the idea norudder. My ex-wife and I had a pretty star-crossed connection once upon a time. Things had happened to wreck her that were bigger than we could get in front of, and a couple years ago she ended her life, after we'd been divorced many years.

I think of her sometimes, and would really enjoy one more day with just us. For a while we were the ultimate team of two against the world, and we won every fight we started.

It was spectacular. Like a supernova.
Sunlight72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 10:10 PM   #12
Established Member

Curious - why did you ask, and why only men?

I wonder if we would see a significant difference between male and female answers.

If you are curious about a female answer, here is mine:

I am imagining and end of the world scenario - last day due to sickness is just way too sad...

We love going on little road trips without itineraries. We will pick a direction or a destination city....

And we drive the winding back roads in our little camper mobile. Take in the wondrous beauty of California. We would pull over and have sex in the fresh air.

We would find interesting little stops to enjoy amazing food and delectable wine.

We would sing along to our favorite tunes and watch the sky light up as the sun settled on the horizon.

We would find a cozy place to stop... And cuddle up in the back. Talk, laugh and kiss. And have beautiful sex until we fell asleep in each other's arms.

And if it wasn't the end of the world, if just one of us was departing - finances, "important" things like that, those would be absolutely ignored.

And I'll admit, I am loosely describing our last road trip - man it fed my soul.
Old 19th January 2018, 11:16 PM   #13
Established Member

-----------
Old 19th January 2018, 11:44 PM   #14
Established Member

I just remembered this meme

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/f8/fe/73/f...ictures-of.jpg
dichotomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2018, 12:25 AM   #15
Established Member

Many beautiful answers, even the practical things are romantic in their own right, thank you for sharing.

RC, I suppose I was curious about the level of sentiment that would be expressed since it's stereotypically men who don't often get to express that openly. Thank you for your contribution as well though of course, sounds awesome.
norudder is offline   Reply With Quote