LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships

inadventantly hurt husband's feelings

Marriage & Life Partnerships Debunking the old-ball-and-chain stereotype one couple at a time.

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd January 2018, 3:17 PM   #16
Established Member

Journal Entries: 39
Oh, my .....
carhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 4:13 PM   #17
Established Member

This thread isn't really about the gift. It's the OP's reaction to it.

OP, send your husband a card. Write a message inside about how thankful you are to have a generous husband and apologize for hurting his feelings. When he gets the card, passionately kiss him and take him to bed for make up sex.
BettyDraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 4:24 PM   #18
Established Member

You really have nothing to worry about. Lithium batteries only go unstable when they are whacked so hard that it causes an internal short circuit. If you were to clean the jacket by beating it against a rock, or if you were wearing it and you fell of a rocky cliff, then you might have something to worry about - but especially the cliff scenario, it wouldn't make a bit of difference anyway If you were wearing the jacket and it were to happen, you would be smelling the acrid chemical smell from the battery long before you saw flames, and you would have plenty of time to take it off. We are not talking about spontaneous human combustion here! The only other scenario would be if someone were to shoot you and the bullet went through the battery before it went through you , then yeah, I could see you becoming a crispy critter, but again, it wouldn't really matter as you'd already be dead! So, wear hubby's gift without fear - unless you are an ex-Mafioso with a price on your head and had been planning to take a rock climbing vacation
Poutrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 5:45 PM   #19
Established Member

It is the thought that counts. The thought process behind this was Brilliant & I told him as much.

Even if my fear is unreasonable, it's not really something I can just get past. Even if there is only a small chance of a problem, it's not a chance I am willing to take.

This stupid coat is about $400 which is a lot of money to waste on something I won't wear. If I wasn't afraid of it, I'd wear it even though I hate the style (too casual) & the color. I already have luxury coats & I wear them. I hate to see him waste money but again because it was from him I'd find reasons to wear it. With temps in the negative numbers I kind of wish I wasn't so terrified.

In an effort to make him feel better I have been sexting him all day & plan to make his favorite dinner. We'll see what he wants for dessert.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 7:40 PM   #20
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
It is the thought that counts. The thought process behind this was Brilliant & I told him as much.

Even if my fear is unreasonable, it's not really something I can just get past. Even if there is only a small chance of a problem, it's not a chance I am willing to take.

This stupid coat is about $400 which is a lot of money to waste on something I won't wear. If I wasn't afraid of it, I'd wear it even though I hate the style (too casual) & the color. I already have luxury coats & I wear them. I hate to see him waste money but again because it was from him I'd find reasons to wear it. With temps in the negative numbers I kind of wish I wasn't so terrified.

In an effort to make him feel better I have been sexting him all day & plan to make his favorite dinner. We'll see what he wants for dessert.
Sorry, but your thought processes are completely illogical. I understand enough about human psychology to know that this happens to people a lot. Somewhere along the lines you've been exposed to something, usually unfounded information or something which is old and now not applicable, which has conditioned you to think a certain way. As a result, you now have mental barriers over certain things.

I guess nobody can make you change the way you think. Nobody can or should guilt trip you into doing something that you're uncomfortable doing. But you've got to accept that people will raise eyebrows upon reading/hearing this story as it is completely unfounded. This is your issue and not the issue of the technology.

So you like Dalmations? I could mount a case to suggest that you are far more likely to be bitten/mauled by your dalmation than you are to burn up like a naturist sunbathing in Death Valley from your heated jacket malfunctioning. I could cite anecdotal and many factual cases where, through no fault of thw owner, Dalmations have demonstrated a lot of agression.

However, you would come back to me with evidence that shows only poorly bred dogs demonstrate these characteristics and that pups from a reputable breeder and with a pedigree to show, have no problems at all. You'd then list all the wonderful characteristics of the breed and assure me that they're safe. If I still disagreed you'd accept that I was within my rights to feel that way, but that any stigma surrounding that breed was illogical, ignorant and unfounded.
Trail Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2018, 5:03 PM   #21
Established Member

He'll get over it.

Shoot, my wife has returned practically every gift I've ever given her and exchanged it for something she liked better. I DID learn long ago to stop giving her technology related gifts, not matter how excited I might be by them though.

Just thie christmas I bought her a new suitcase that I thought was bomb-proof and awesome. She took one look at it and said thanks, but it's a little too "rugged" and she started shopping online for a different one. No biggy. She ordered one she liked, and I kept the one I bought.
TrustedthenBusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2018, 5:25 PM   #22
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidKnightDreams View Post
I donít think you women understand how difficult it is to find something you might like. Especially if heís one of those that hates to shop. And ... we have to do it consistently throughout the year (birthday, Valentineís Day, anniversary, Christmas, and donít let me forget Motherís Day).

Thatís a lot of pressure. 😄

Poor guy thought he had hit a home run. It was just a foul ball. He just has to try again. Maybe heíll get a hit next time.

Itís the thought that counts anyway. Right, ladies?
This.

If you try to understand it from his POV then it might help.

It's a tough situation though. I've been on both sides.
Popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2018, 7:53 PM   #23
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popsicle View Post
This.

If you try to understand it from his POV then it might help.

It's a tough situation though. I've been on both sides.
You've been a man and a woman?
Trail Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote