Would you marry them again?

My husband and I were discussing how much life insurance we each should have. We were factoring in things, when he mentioned that I'd probably remarry, so all wouldn't be lost if he died. Then I asked him if he'd remarry and he said no. I joked and said, "I've ruined you for marriage?" He said, "No, I just wouldn't want to get married again...I'm too selfish...unless she's rich, THEN I'd get married again." I said, "Well I wasn't rich...why'd you marry me?" Then I laughed and said, "Stupid Mistake?" (You have to know our sense of humor...we pick on each other all the time...so since he'll pick on me by saying that I don't have any sense, or he'll tell the cat, "you're getting fat, like your momma" and laugh at me, it is ACTUALLY funny when I say, "I've ruined you for marriage," etc.)

So I was expecting him to say something smart and pick on me (like he always does) when he said, "I'd marry you again." Like it was the most obvious thing in the world to say.

I started crying and hugged him. It was the nicest thing he'd ever said to me! I didn't realize how much it meant to me...I just figured that yes, he loves me now, and he won't leave me, but if he had it to do over again, he'd have stayed single. I mean...a lot of people that I know would. My mom says all the time that she loves my sister and I, but if she had to advise someone, she'd DEFINATELY tell them to remain childless. And my grandma, who's been married 50 some years can't FATHOM why ANYONE would want to be tied down in marriage.

It just really touched me that he said that. He didn't have to :love:

Would you do it again?

I would definatly marry my husband again! Beleive me we went through some really rough times in the first few years of our marriage but I would still do it all again!

My only wish is that I could know then what I know now so that way we could have gotten married even sooner, we had dated for the better part of 10 years before we finally made it legal.

I think that after everything we have been throguh there isn't anything we can't handle! :love::D:love:

For sure I would marry my husband again.

I love him so much and he is such a wonderful, loving, caring, romantic, honest man.

He is my soulmate!

HokeyReligions

IF I knew then what I know now -- no, I wouldn't marry my husband again. I'm sure he wouldn't marry me again either. If we were doing it all over and didn't know any better we would probably get married again.

However, if something happens that we are no longer together I do not want to ever get married again. I'm sure he wouldn't either.

Hubby & I have had the "would you get married again" convo and he quickly and adamantley shouts NO! NEVER AGAIN!

Once is enough, unless I can find some paralyzed rich guy in a coma and who has no other family.

As strange as all that sounds, we do love each other and have gone through too much to call it quits right now. Sometimes love isn't enough though.

Well sure, but we're newlyweds, so that's easy to say right now!

In 10 years, the answer may be different. But I don't think so. We've been together a couple of years now and I'm pretty comfortable that we're twisted in similar and compatible ways.

Originally posted by HokeyReligions

IF I knew then what I know now -- no, I wouldn't marry my husband again. I'm sure he wouldn't marry me again either. If we were doing it all over and didn't know any better we would probably get married again.

However, if something happens that we are no longer together I do not want to ever get married again. I'm sure he wouldn't either.

Hubby & I have had the "would you get married again" convo and he quickly and adamantley shouts NO! NEVER AGAIN!

Once is enough, unless I can find some paralyzed rich guy in a coma and who has no other family.

As strange as all that sounds, we do love each other and have gone through too much to call it quits right now. Sometimes love isn't enough though.

I agree. If I knew now what I feared then but thought was prewedding jitters, I would not.

Will I again, yes. I want a family, but need to find new Mrs. Chaos (taking applications now :p )

I've been married to the same woman for ten years, and I would do it all over again without a second thought. I was married once before her (for a brief one year of pure hell to a snobby little southern california princess, and I think that lesson taught me exactly who I should look for in my next choice of mates haha).

I think the fact that my wife is australian, and has such a drastically different mindset then what I grew up surrounded by in southern california, has been exactly what makes us so compatible. When I spoil her, she actually appreciates it for the act, not the item. She can be the most beautiful and femine creature on the earth, but can also hang with the guys and drink and rage right along with us, without putting on her "i'm a princess, and i'm offended that you aren't throwing rose petals down on the floor before me, as i walk everywhere - oh, and i want another mercedes."

She has been staunchly faithful and supportive of everything I have ever pursued, including dragging her from job to job around the country for the first 6 years of our marriage, so I could leverage my ability to rise up the corporate chain faster. She is also a doting and magnificent mother, who often times really makes me wish my own mother had been half as loving and patient with me, as my wife is, with our daughter.

I could never be without this woman. My life would be pointless and empty.

Blackfrost-sounds like you are a lucky man but it also sounds like your wife is a lucky woman! :)

lilmoma1973

hey all in answer to the question .. yes i would marry my h again.. i love my h and if i hadn't of married him our daughter wouldn't be here..

midlifecrazy

If you take our kids out of the picture, absolutely and unequivocally, NO! Which maybe is the true and regrettable answer to all the soul searching I've been doing lately.

If I'd done more homework, research and had the Web back then where one can become a private detective......I'd have to say sadly . No.

Heheh since i'm heading towards a divorce, probably not. If we had both been prepared and honest and learned how to communicate properly, and the man that I thought he was was actually the man he was, then yes. But right now, I have no clue who this guy is. He's a complete stranger to me.

Yes I would marry her again because it was only for a few years and my ex cheating on me taught me some lessons. I am glad it happened when we were young and had no children so I walked away from the divorce unscathed and a new man. If this marriage would not have happened I might have married some woman who pulled this type of crap a few more years down the road in the marriage with kids and it might have gotten really ugly. I used to be one of those emasculated nice guys who let women walk all over me but since my divorce I grew my balls back. I will never marry again or even live with a woman. I might find a girlfriend with her own place but that is it.

EndoftheRope

Knowing what I know now, (children apart) no, I wouldn't. Due to his family's interference, his lying (he defends it as 'to keep the peace,' but lies and secrecy nonetheless); his hiding things like friendships with women, e-mail accounts, and spending; and his insistence on shoving every problem under the rug and ignoring it while it festers and festers.... I consider the last 12 years of 16 have been less than satisfactory. I feel stuck in the marriage now. It's tolerable-- he's quite pleasant and even fun to be around as long as I go along with the 'ignore it all' routine. But it's hardly what I call a fulfilling marriage, and I feel a continual underlying anger at being 'forced' to play this game and pretend that we are the one couple with NO problems or issues that ever need to be addressed.