My bf flirts with everybody

So we always go out at this place (more than a restaurant less than a bar) where you can have drinks, eat and play bingo. Me and my bf (been together for almost a year and I am pregnant 3 months) were with some other friends having a good time. Some of them had their kids with them and it was getting late so they left. It was out turn to go home and he said he is ready when this guy who was with us said that they should have some drinks so they went to the bar. Me and his friends wife said that we are leaving cause is late. I ended going back cause I didn t want to go home by myself and I saw two girls next to them and one of them was giving my bofriend s shot back and said thanks... I asked what happened and he said he just offered his drink to her just a sip nothing more.. She wanted to taste it. I was so mad I said I want to go home imediatly and he said I can go by myself. I didn't want to make a scene there and I went outside.

Then I saw him still talking with them and I couldn t control myself went back in there and took his drink and pour it on the table. I said I want to go home but he just stood there.. finally we went home he called me a dumb b**** .

I think I overreacted somehow but he could ve just make me more secure about the situation.. I don't think that you offering drinks to any girl is ok in any way..and then you drinking from the same glass

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
language ~T
Sunkissedpatio

Oh dear what a predicament to be in pregnant and with such a tool of a boyfriend.

I wouldn't have gone back to pour a drink on the table (pregnant hormones must be raging I get it) but I would have let him have it once he came home. This relationship does not sound promising sorry but that is so hugely disrespectful! And the fact he told you to "go home" while he chose to stay is grounds for a break-up.

Unbelievable!

Edited by Sunkissedpatio
  • Like 4

After all the time you've been dating you've never seen him flirting with other women before? If yes, if he does it all the time then WHY get pregnant from him?

You handled it poorly but I don't blame you for it, I remember being pregnant and just not recognizing myself and being overly emotive. Maybe he'll think twice before accepting drinks from women in front of you. It won't keep him from cheating though if it's his objective.

Good luck with everything.

rude ~T
  • Like 2
GunslingerRoland

It's tough to say whether you overreacted or not. Because you said he flirts with every woman. But your only example is offering a sip of a drink. Which again depending on the context isn't that big of a deal. Is he actually flirting with every woman or is he just an extrovert? Does he deal with men similarly?

• Like 2
Does he deal with men similarly?

As in offering them sips of his drink?

GR, I'd guess you know the type of behavior she's describing and I doubt it's something you'd engage in while out with your pregnant wife.

the OP's husband obviously crossed a line...

Mr. Lucky

language ~T
  • Like 2

He doesn't deserve to be a bf or husband and most importantly a dad. He is worthless and that is why trying to feel worthy by this behavior.

If it was me , my wife would have thrown the drink on my face !

• Like 1

I have no opinion on whether or not he should have offered a sip of his drink after that girl asked for it.

What I'd be mad about is being called a dumb b****. What I would be mad about is him insisting on staying after I communicated I wanted him to come home with me.

Is this your first fight of this kind?

• Like 1
GunslingerRoland
As in offering them sips of his drink?

GR, I'd guess you know the type of behavior she's describing and I doubt it's something you'd engage in while out with your pregnant wife.

Without even referencing the "dumb b****" comment, the OP's husband obviously crossed a line...

Mr. Lucky

I can make lots of guesses on all of the flirting he's been doing. But like I said the only example she actually gave was letting a girl have a sip of his drink. Which I could imagine being as innocent as, "that's an interesting looking drink." "here do you want to try it?" A conversation I've had before myself and never thought, man this is getting flirty. lol

As for the dumb b*** comment I don't condone that at all and of course he crossed a line... but lets not forget that this is after she threw a drink at him and yelled at him, in a public place. I don't condone that either.

• Like 1

I hope a mod merges threads. The OP has also explained that she dropped out of college to be with this "man", who she believe to be 3 years divorced, only to find out that he was still legally married, still in love with his wife, they were discussing working it out and needed time, and even though the divorce is now finalized, he still has contact with her and may be sending her money. IOW, he was cheating on his wife with OP and was lying to her about his marital status.

Oh, and he's hit the OP.

It's far more than he's a flirt.

• Like 1
GunslingerRoland

Looking at the two posts together you should probably break up with him. But I think both of you need counselling for your anger management.

I know there are some that think that a woman is allowed to hit a man and say horrible things, and that's fine, it's only wrong when a man does it, but it's not true. You have both physically and emotionally abused each other, and whether the two of you decide to go on in a relationship or not, you both need counselling to stop doing this.

I can make lots of guesses on all of the flirting he's been doing. But like I said the only example she actually gave was letting a girl have a sip of his drink. Which I could imagine being as innocent as, "that's an interesting looking drink." "here do you want to try it?" A conversation I've had before myself and never thought, man this is getting flirty. lol

I feel like you're being delibrately contrarian. If a strange man came up to you in a bar and said "that's an interesting looking drink.", would most guys offer him a sip? I doubt it...

Mr. Lucky