Pregenant for the 2nd time & am worried there will be no time for my husband & me.

hunter42345

I have a two year old at home and am pregenant with my second child. Sometimes I feel like there is not enough time ofr my husband to do things as a couple, like going out on dates and just being with one another. The thing that makes this worse is the fact that I know with two children at home it will make this even worse. I sometimes long for the way that it was before we had our first child. A time when we could just drop everything and go out to eat, or go 4 wheeler riding or things like that.

Another thing that bothers me so much about this is that I am afraid that if it gets to where my husband and I can't spend much time together alone, that he will get bored with our relationship. I know that he is happy and that I might just be overreacting, but it really scares me.

I don't know how closeby your / his family is living, but you can always try to drop your children over there once in a while. Otherwise you can hire a baby-sitter once in a while. It's not too expensive, and allows the both of you to have quality time together.

This can not be done when the second child is solely dependant upon you, but otherwise it can be done.

And with parenthood comes a lot of responsibility, and restrictions of freedom. The same is true when you started to live together. But, I think in the long run, it is worth it. Is not it?

• Author
hunter42345

I definently think that being a parent is worth it. I really feel bad for feeling the way that I am. I love my son and know that I will love the next one just as much. I know that some things have to be put to the side for my children. Thank you for the advance.

• 5 weeks later...
HokeyReligions

Even with two children you can make time for you & your husband. Plan quality time with each other. Get a sitter. When the new baby (congrat's by the way) is old enough, leave them overnight at the grandparents house! Schedule time for a good long nap before you spend your quality time together, then you and your husband can have fun.