About to model for the art class

My debut to modeling is occurring this afternoon. My wife's friend called, the model for the class this afternoon cancelled and she wanted to know if I would fill in and offered my wife to attend the class for free. I am nervous, excited, tense all wrapped into one. My wife is quite giddy and promises I will be "rewarded" when we get home.

A while back my wife asked if I would consider being a nude model for a drawing class. She had done figure drawing in college and wanted to know if I would model for a class that she attended. I agreed and we scheduled the class for September. This comes as a surprise that I will be doing it this sudden. Wish me luck.

ShatteredLady

It will be fun & liberating! Remember you'll be still for a long time so make sure you're kind of comfortable ;-)

• Author

It was a very positive experience to model for the class. Definitely glad I did it, and makes for a kind of fun story/experience with my wife. It is also neat to think that I overcame a common fear people have, including myself.

We arrived at the art center 20 minutes or so before the class was to start. We helped my wife's friend, who is the instructor, setup chairs and easels. My wife's friend gave me a few instructions, she explained that she would start the class with a few intro comments. I would do a series of short poses as warm ups and then we would progress to longer poses. I was warned that I needed to find comfortable positions for longer poses.

There was a changing screen next to the platform for me to undress behind. My wife's friend explained that some models don't like taking off their robe in front of the class because the initial undressing is hard so they walk from behind the screen. Other models come out in a robe and disrobe on the platform.

About two minutes before the class I was told to get ready. I went behind the screen and undressed. I decided that walking out from behind the screen might be easier than dropping my robe because I could just focus on taking steps. I stood behind the screen undressed and I was almost shaking. I seriously thought that my heart would beat right out of my chest.

The intro comments didn't take long but it felt like an eternity. While I was waiting I decided I would focus on 3, 5, 7. I would take three steps, then 5, then 7. Finally my wife's friend said it was time to begin. I focused on three big steps and came out from behind the screen and hopped up on the platform. I immediately hit a pose with my neck turned pretending I was pushing on an imaginary wall. Then I just held the pose for two minutes. In reality it took 30 seconds and I just didn't care about being nude and was focusing on doing my best to give the students good poses and holding the poses.

After the first pose I really felt that it was no big deal. In between the first and second pose I made eye contact with my wife and she just winked at me and smiled. As I held other poses it was amazing to just completely relax and let my wander and think it's own thoughts. I didn't have the distraction of phones, tv's, etc. I could just think my own thoughts with nothing to distract me and no concept of time. While I was a complete amateur I just poured my very best into giving the students interesting poses and holding still. The class was almost clinical and asexual.

After the class, we helped pack up the room. Apparently I did ok as my wife and her friend were pleased with the poses and that I sat still. My wife told me that watching me pose and the confidence it took to overcome the fear of being nude was a complete turn on for her. It had nothing to do with seeing me nude. I was definitely rewarded when I got home :-)

For those of you wondering the room temp was fine so no worries there and the only time I had had to worry about the opposit was when my wife winked, but that went away quickly.

Would definitely recommend people try doing this, even if it is just once.

• Like 3

Good for you! If I did this they would need a fine point pencil for the sketches.

So, will you b posting your wife's sketches?

• Author

I guess I could post a sketch. It was a legitimate art class and while no sketches are anyway sexual, I am undoubtedly nude in the sketches and I don't want to violate any forum guidelines/rules

FWIW, I'm a guy and not gay or bi. So, I'm not interested in them from a sexual perspective. I just thought it would be cool to see what these types of sketches actually consist of. It sounds like you weren't in the same pose the whole time, so they must be fairly quick sketches.

I guess you could ask a moderator if it's okay to post a link.