Request by Wife--Be a model for drawing class

I wanted to get perspective on a request by my wife, I don't see a problem with it, but wanted other's perspectives.

My wife asked if I would agree to be a nude model for a drawing class at a community art center. In college my wife studied art and took multiple figure drawing classes. She remains involved in the local art scene, including friends with an instructor who teaches figure drawing. One evening over dinner in front of her friend, I encouraged her to do more art related activities and suggested she enroll in a figure drawing class from her friend. I joked around that I didn't even care if there was a male model provided she didn't run off with him. My wife's friend said I didn't have to worry that they couldn't find male models but if I was looking for a job she could hook me up. We laughed and changed topics. Later that night my wife asked if I would be willing to work as a model for a few classes. My immediate response was a little bit of fear but that I would consider it. My wife said that art classes with nude models are very professional and asexual, but that watching me overcome fear and model nude in front of others would be a huge turn on for her, and could make for a very unique experience for both of us. My wife's friend said she would like to have a male model that teaching the differences in muscle and skeletal structure between men and women would be good for the class.

I am somewhat nervous about stripping down for a class but I also think it would be a challenge worth trying to overcome, it would be a unique experience, and while I could totally say no to my wife and would not bother her, it would be fun to try something new that would turn her on.Any concerns or things I should consider?

SycamoreCircle

I did it in college. Easy money. Of course, I'm guessing you don't have a college boy's body but...no matter. It's always a respectful environment. You get to shake it out every couple of minutes or so. I'm kind of skeptical of how turned on your wife is going to become, but who knows... I guess we do see our partners differently when they do something in front of other people. That is the influencing element of it. Yeah, go for it.

Sounds like a hoot, I say, why not! :cool:

Maybe keep your thoughts on baseballs scores and such, otherwise the class may be reaching for erasers. ;)

• Like 2
SycamoreCircle
Sounds like a hoot, I say, why not! :cool:

Maybe keep your thoughts on baseballs scores and such, otherwise the class may be reaching for erasers. ;)

Green beans.
ShatteredLady

From an artist.....The whole fine art model is a LOT less sexual than most think. It's truly about muscle & form. You guys could have fun & student artists are usually crying out for models. It's a new experience & you're supporting artists. As I said, it's pretty clinical, some will be focusing on your feet!! It could be a bit liberating getting naked for strangers but not really sexy. Give it a try ;-)

My wife's friend said she would like to have a male model that teaching the differences in muscle and skeletal structure between men and women would be good for the class.
In order to teach "the differences in muscle and skeletal structure between men and women" do not be surprised if your wife will be asked to pose nude after you do, and you will not be able to say no. Are you OK with that? Also, posing nude in front of people that you do not know is one thing, but in front of a friend of your wife that knows you, I think that this is a bad idea.
In order to teach "the differences in muscle and skeletal structure between men and women" do not be surprised if your wife will be asked to pose nude after you do, and you will not be able to say no. Are you OK with that? Also, posing nude in front of people that you do not know is one thing, but in front of a friend of your wife that knows you, I think that this is a bad idea.

I think you're sexualizing a non-sexual situation. I understand your concerns, just don't think they apply here...

Mr. Lucky

Better think about baseball or it's going to get embarrassing. Also better hope none of those college students are hot... :)

I'm of course just joking. It would probably be a fun experience and may teach you how to enjoy nudity. Of course, the students will talk about you after the class. But that's okay too.

• Author

My wife called her friend and I am signed up for three classes beginning in late September. I think it will be such a unique experience and I just don't see the harm. The class only uses one model/class so no worries concerning working with a female model who isn't my wife. I think it will be one of those things that we look back on and, "Remember when...". To the concern about my wife being asked to model, I am not worried. My wife's friend can find plenty of women models. If my wife wanted to try it I would encourage it. I know it is a professional class. My wife looks amazing but remains conscious of stretch marks so I would support almost anything that would help her embrace and accept her body.

On a side note I am much more cognizant of my food choices in view of September!!