depression.....marriage

Curious if anyone's marriage has come back from1 spouse had been dealing with depression.going through alot....and a lot of my childhood and abuse is being divulged for the first time. I know i should have st him down in the last 14.5 yrs but never knew how to bring up conversation. He has emotionally And physically checked out due to me emotionally attacking him and detaching. We are both in counselibg to deal with our own inner demons..but i am praying we can fall back in love and learn how to live with this unwanted depression..... does anyone have this unwanted extra thing in their marriage.

No one can tell you if your efforts to repair your relationship will be successful.

But I'd think most would say dealing with your issues is your only chance for success. You've seen over the last 15 years what happens if you simply bury the past.

Congrats for having the courage to address this. Life's too short to wait any longer so do the hard work involved in moving forward. Good luck and keep posting...

Mr. Lucky

I have been very depressed for the last 4.5 years. I'm finally starting to come out of it. DH is grateful for the change & that we're on the right path again. It takes a lot of patience.