Birthday present for husband/wife/SO, what you get? Need ideas for husband B-day gift

thestaircase

Hello, to those who are married or in long term relationship. What did you get for your husband/wife or SO for B-day, please give some ideas.

Like what your plan for your spouse B-Day? What you buy for him/her as gifts? Can you share what did you get for your spouse b-day?

I mean beside the obvious, you know, sex...

------------------------------------------

My husband will be turning 30 years old, yah! He finally catch up with me--his wife because I'm 30, and I always feel bad that he is younger than me 1 year.

I have a husband that is kindda hard to buy him gifts, he just not the typical guy. He doesn't have much hobbies. He have alot of "self-controlled" and he very 'level-headed"

I explained below, as I not sure what to get him for his B-Day

Husband is a hygiene freak and he is a health freak. He does not drink, he does not smoke, not even smoke a cigarette a cigarette.

He's quite sensitive when it come to the drinking alcohol topic. Because lost his older sister in a car crash accident caused by a drunk driver. He hates drunk drivers, no way he will let any alcohol in his bloodstream.

He work for a Truck company. Being a local Truck driver required No DUI, No DOT violations, passed all drugs or alcohol test. Passed all background check, and passed all random drugs test too.

So working at this job, drugs and drinking is out of the question for him. So no Whisky, no beer, no alcohol as present for his B-Day, not an option.

His dad deceased when he as young, so he works alot to help out his mom. He responsible with money, he make sure he put money in his Saving account every month. He have perfect Credit scores. He Debt-free, never have Credit-card debt.

None of us have any kind of debt, we both debt-free and I like both of us to stay this way.

I don't think he wants to open another Credit-cards, he not a big spender.

He have a big Van car, and a motorcycle. Which both he bought with his own money and pay it off himself, he had these prior to met me.

He doesn't need another car or motorcycle for his B-Day.

He doesn't really have much hobbies. He doesn't like to play Video games, he have zero interest in video games. And I never saw him play it, just not his thing.

He also never go online, unless he needs to put in an online application for a job. He already have a laptop, he doesn't need another one when he never go online.

All communications are through his Cell phone, perhaps I should get him a new cell phone for his B-Day?

He doesn't even like to watch TV unless it is News, he loves loves News. He will died if he don’t watch News on TV for one day, lol

Oh, he loves NFL Football, News and NFL Football would make him happy.

He does have buddies (his childhood friends), but he work so much right now. All he have time for his work long hours, go home shower, eat and sleep, and next day repeat.

I do encourage him to go watch NFL Football with them, because me--his wife doesn't know anything about Football. Perhaps let him freely go hang out with his buddies on his B-day?

He likes to go to Gym to work out, keep his body stay fit and in shape. He 6'1 and he weight 170 lbs, so he is an average weight guy.

He also likes Guns, the both outdoor and indoor shooting ranges. But uh... not something I like.

He loves to read Newspaper. And Books, but he only like 2 type of books, that is “War” book sand “Politics” books.

I did get him a "War" book for his B-Day once, but he pretty much have all the Books that he likes.

And clothes, he have his own 'style' of clothes. So I don't go shopping for his clothes, maybe just a jacket.

Food? he have all different food dishes that I cook for him everyday. Even when he work late at night, I still cook for him in the middle of the night so he can have fresh meals to eat. So cooking for him on his B-Day is like cooking for him everyday, nothing special about it.

He have baby fever, so he probably wants a baby for his B-Day present, lol

But I told him I won't TTC until 2016, I want to spend one year with him before we have a baby.

So that pretty much is my husband. Boring 29 years old guy he is right? But he is an awesome husband. He loving and caring to me, he treats me right.

and he working his butt off 2 jobs right now, everyday working 12-14 hours.. so we can have enough money as fast as we can buy a small house in 2016, and TTC

I hate debt, so it me that keep insist on aim at 50% down-payment/Less mortgage, that why he have to pick up a 2nd job, poor guy.

I don't know what to get for my husband his B-day, he pretty much have all the things he needs.

If you have a boring husband like me, what your plan for his B-Day? Like what would you get for his B-Day?

beside the sex, I mean like in gifts, B-Day gifts..

Maybe see if we both can take few days off from work, and go on a mini vacation?

This is our first year together as 'married couple', so I want to do something memorable for his b-day.

We know know each others 4 years total. We live in the same neighborhood; that was how we met, dated and married.

Because our distance is very close, so we do see each others everyday. And when you see each others on the daily basic; so the sparks and flirting would died out fast. The sparks/honeymoon phase pretty much has been over for us since long time ago. I'm thankful that he still find me attractive after he married me.

BUT then I have no idea what to do for his b-day. We just know each know each others so well, there no surprises about us anymore..

Edited by thestairs
  • Author
thestaircase

Pretty much, I'm asking those who are married or in long term relationship. If you can help by answer these questions: What did you get for your husband/wife or SO for B-day, please give some ideas.

Like what your plan for your spouse B-Day? What you buy for him/her as gifts?

Can you please share what did you get/or do for your Spouse/SO B-day? so I can get ideas and learn more from you, thank you.

If you have time and want to help give me ideas on what to get for my husband B-Day, then read the post above.

If not, then appreciated if you can help by answer the questions in this post, on what would be an ideal way to show your spouse your appreciation to him/her on their B-Day.

He loves to read Newspaper. And Books, but he only like 2 type of books, that is “War” book sand “Politics” books.

I did get him a "War" book for his B-Day once, but he pretty much have all the Books that he likes.

So my husband is similar and I have put together "theme packages" around these topics.

Example: Last year, I got him a flight in a restored WWII fighter plane at a nearby airport, two vintage books written by WWII pilots, an antique RAF badge (cheap on eBay), an historical map of some flying patterns from Europe, and a scarf like the kind those pilots used to wear.

This year, his birthday is in about three weeks. He has been doing genealogy and found out his grandfather was a big mucky-muck in the first Roosevelt administration; traveling to Russia and assisting the set-up of Ellis Island. Everything I am getting will be about that era and history; books about the era, pictures of his grandparents' travels, an antique Samovar, etc.

• Like 4

Does your husband realize drinking and driving does not necessarily have to go hand in hand? He could drink for his birthday and still not drive and still be ok for any random drug tests.

• Author
thestaircase

My husband, he just not a drinker. He doesn't drink back then, then doesn't drink now. Both me and him, none of us drink or smoke.

He knows my boundaries very well, my rule of "NO Gangs, NO Drugs, NO Lies, NO Cheats"---- or else it a deal-breaker.

He sure is a Health freak, 30 years old and all his health is normal, never once he went to the hospital in his life. He doesn't even get cold or flu.

He have a rough upbringing though. He the 'Street smart' type of guy, I think he just immune to it, lol

My husband might be a saint when it come to his 'Hygiene' and 'Health'. He sure know how to take care of his health.

But he ain't a saint when it come to uh... the "Street' out there. But he never broke the laws, so it a good thing.

He knows what right and wrong, he keep his balance scales very well. It nearly impossible to flip off his scales, unless you are his family or his love ones.

He have alot of buddies (guys friends from his childhood through his adulthood), good ones and bad ones. You be amaze what kinds of things his friends can do.

One time out of worried, I got into a big argument with him out of something his friends do. But then I realized that I'm being unreasonable, because his friends are his friends, him is him. He should NOT be held liable for something that his friends do-–something he have completely NO control over.

They his buddies because they grow up together since childhood. They know each others all their lives anyways, so I understand why his friends is important to him.

Anyways, my husband is working 2 jobs now, everyday he working 12-14 hours, sometimes even overnight. He doesn't have any time to hang out with his friends.

Heck, I'm his wife and I see him less now as a husband than compared to when he was my boyfriend. When we dating, he work 1 job. Now we married, he work 2 jobs.

I wish 2016 come soon when we buy our small house, then he be back to work 1 job, and we will TTC and I can have more time with him.

Edited by thestairs
  • Author
thestaircase

I work 1 job, he working 2 jobs until 2016

We both are Financially independent

Anyone come across reading this thread; please share your gift ideas, or ideal ways to show appreciation to your spouse on their B-Day. Looking forward to hear more from others on how they spend the 'B-Day' day with their spouse.

Edited by thestairs

If he's into politics, the military and books... Maybe do some research on the year he was born and make him a 'what happened in 1985' pack. Get a newspaper from the day he was born, a news week, a national geo, some military mags, maybe a book on Operation Wooden Leg... You get the picture.

• Like 1

My husband & I both prefer "events" as opposed to "things". Tickets to a game, concert, museum, restaurant, short trip, etc.

• Like 1

Print a copy of your post, find some time to set up a suitably romantic scene at home, go into the bedroom, and read it to him. Then show him you mean it.

He will never forget his 30th birthday.

• Like 1
  • Author
thestaircase

Thank you for all those that take out their precious time to help give me suggestions and ideas, appreciated.

I make this thread apart from asking for B-day gifts suggestions. I also wants to learn from others, like how they and their spouse spend the "B-Day" day; and what they get/or do for their spouse B-Day, the marriage life, etc...

I got married 4 months ago, I'm still a newlywed, so I still have plenty to learn from those long-term marriage couples out there.

Phoenician

Get him a survival kit like a swiss nife and things to use on his trips. Or a small coffe make battrry operated .

If i werr him a bj will be a great gift

• Like 1
amaysngrace

If he hunts you can get him a muzzle loader.

You can take him to a fancy restaurant and hire a limo so you can both drink and get home safely.

You can get him tickets to a football game or book a weekend getaway.

When is his birthday anyway?

• Like 1

Suggestions:

1. A gym membership

2. new work out clothes

3. a book by his favorite author; if you have time make arrangements to have it autographed

4. a gift certificate to a book store

5. a book of certificates to get his cars & motorcycles washed

6. motorcycle accessories

7. a new gun safe

8. a gift certificate to a store that sells guns / gun accessories

9. a gift certificate or membership to a gun club / shooting range

10. a hunting experience

11. a trip to go paintballing

12. throw him a party

13. exercise equipment for your home

14. something like the nutra bullet or other small appliance so he can make healthy treats at home; include a healthy cook book

15. a BBQ grill if you don't have one

16. season tickets to his football team or even tickets to one game if the whole season isn't in your budget

17. anything autographed by his favorite NFL player

The fact that you think after 4 months of being married that the honeymoon phase is over & there are no surprises doesn't bode well for your marriage. I have been married almost 7 years & still learn new things about each other all the time. The better you know someone the easier it is to get them a present.

Does he have a Fit Bit or other fitness tracker? He might like that.

My motorcycle guy likes themed stuff for his man cave: tin signs and stuff that have motorcycle theme.

You can't go wrong with a meaningful CD mix! :p

• Like 1
  • Author
thestaircase

Thank you for everyone reply giving me suggestions and advice on the gifts ideas, appreciated alot.

I like to be humble, so I like to say my marriage honeymoon phase is over. No need go say we are soooo madly in love everyday, lol

And the 'honeymoon phase over', that was sarcasm. Because I was comparing that I know him too well and we see each others every single day, so the honeymoon phase long gone from us.

Must be my bad English so the way I use some wording is not every clear.

We from the same neighborhood. I'm the girl in his neighborhood. So he is my neighbor, my friend, my boyfriend, and now is my husband.

And with such close distance, and 4 years knowing others, dated and married. We always see each others everyday, so usually the spark/honeymoon phase would died out by now.

Besides gifts, I was thinking a weekend trip with my husband, but he working 2 jobs now, so he got to work on weekends too.

Maybe see if my husband can get few days off. I feel terrible that he working 12-14 hours everyday. A week he only got half a day off before he have to left for his 2nd job.

I know my husband very well, especially we are neighbors and now turn marriage couple.

The problem is his days are working long hours. Then he home shower, eat and sleep and next day repeated.

This guy work 14 hours everyday, including weekend. Like he going to have time to worry about his birthday. But I want to plan something for him, to show him my appreciation for him being an awesome husband.

Edited by thestairs

Is he working that much because he's trying to save up money? If so, he might not want you to spend money on him. Think pampering: making an incredible meal, rubbing his feet, being his "servant" for the evening. This could get really fun for both of you :bunny:

• Like 2
  • Author
thestaircase

I feel sad for my husband. Not many guys can work 14 hours everyday and never complain one single word.

He working his butt off because of me here aim for 50% house down payment, and we plan to buy a house in 2016

Heck, I'm his wife and I see him less now as a husband than compared to when he was my boyfriend. When we dating, he work 1 job. Now we married, he work 2 jobs.

I wish 2016 come soon so we can buy our small house, then he be back to work 1 job, and we will TTC and I can have more time with him.

• Author
thestaircase
Is he working that much because he's trying to save up money?

Yes, we both have the obsession with saving money. But he way way more obsess than me.

I work 1 job, my husband work 2 jobs. Him working 2 jobs, is just only for one year till 2016

The reason why he working 2 jobs now is because we want to save money as fast as we can so we can buy a small house in 2016

If financial goes as plan, we will have enough money by 2016, and then he be back to work 1 job.

We live in a not so good environment neighborhood. But the cheap rent here sure helps us save up more money every month.

We want to buy a house, so we can raise our children in a better environment area. You know what I mean?

We do want the best for our future children, that is why we obsess with saving up money for our future.

Right now he working so much just to put money into Saving, so we can have enough money to buy our house.

And of course to save money rainy days, and to save money for a baby next year. After 2016, he will be back to work 1 job, so we better start saving up as much money as we can now.

Think pampering: making an incredible meal, rubbing his feet, being his "servant" for the evening. This could get really fun for both of you

Thank you, this is great idea. He sure doesn't want me to spend alot of money on his B-day, he very responsible with money. Every month all his working money is to pay Rent/Bills and the remaining goes to his Saving account.

We married for 4 months already, and I do not recall him buy one single thing for himself.

For him is Save to pay off the house as much as we can in Cash. And Save for the baby, and Save for rainy days.

I never saw a guy that love to Save as much like him, he is like obsess with Saving, even more obsess than me and I like to save too. Is my husband normal? lol

His Truck driving job actually pay quite decent, but he still pick up a second job to make me happy because I said I want to aim at 50% house down-payment.

Perhaps I'm just being unreasonable. But we both are Debt-free, so I want to continue to stay debt-free as much as we can. I like to pay things off if possible.

Edited by thestairs

To demand a 50% down payment on a house while continuously disappointing your husband & refusing to discuss TTC until that happens strikes me as unreasonable.

I totally support being married for a least a year & learning to be a couple before becoming parents & applaud your fiscal responsibility, but working yourself into a early grave, spending too much time apart & being seemingly inflexible doesn't seem like a brilliant idea either.

• Author
thestaircase

I guess you didn't read this thread of mine from last month. Maybe you can give me advice on it.

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/marriage-life-partnerships/525765-house-mortgage-bills-husband-baby-fever-what-would-you-do-if-you-my-situation

The TTC topic we discussed even before we married. My husband have big time baby fever, while I do not have baby fever.

I promise him to give him baby in 2016, I promise him I will TTC in 2016, but frankly I don't want a baby yet.

I am exactly 30 years old this year, and my husband is 29, he wants a baby as soon as possible, while I don't, not now.

We don't spend that much time apart. We are neighbors, I'm the girl in his neighborhood, that was how we met, dated and married.

He drive the local Truck, he home every night. There isn't one day passed by where I don't see his face. Even the days where he have to he works late, he still home late at night.

Sex is fine, he have much higher sex drive than me. I give him sex whenever he wants sex, he's happy.

And he working 2 jobs is only till 2016, it just ONE year, one year is not a big deal.

Never mind, I just re-read that thread of mine, and you did give me advice there. Thank you, appreciated.

My husband health is fine, 30 years of his life never once he in the hospital. He doesn't even get cold or flu, he just doesn't get sick.

He 6'1 and he weight 170 lbs, so he is in average weight, he's fine.

I'm glad he volunteer working 2 jobs, that means he responsible and serious about our future. We need money to pay for the house, we need money for the baby, and money to save for rainy days.

Edited by thestairs
WasOtherWoman

Perhaps you should get a second job also? That way you would be working equally as hard and feel that you are contributing equally.

Also - you would both be equally as tired when you are home together.

• Like 1

Hi

Some suggestions could be

Tickets for a music/sporting event concert

A relaxing men's spa day /massage, as he works so hard

A watch with personalised engraving on the back . He would always have this.

Good luck

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Ruby Slippers

I agree with xxoo that it would be more meaningful if you keep it frugal and give of yourself. How about you take the day off work and attend to his every desire, give him the king's treatment? Cook his very favorite meals, and serve dinner with ambiance (candles, music, whatever you think he would like). Wait on him hand and foot, and wear something slinky and sexy. Make his favorite dessert. Give him a full-body massage if he would like that. Clean sheets, sparkling clean house, candles, music, warm scented massage oil, something masculine. Or give him a shower/bath. Sex that is all about his pleasure. Reward him for working so hard for you and your future family. Give him sensual and soothing gifts, like something to make him more comfortable at work, a comfortable seat pad for the truck or something like that. You could even make it a birthday week, and give him one tiny sweet gift on day 1, then gradually intensify them each day until the final day, his birthday. Day 1 could be a cute little love poem in his lunch or pocket. Libras are romantic deep down. I think he would love it. You could do a slightly longer poem or love letter each day. Focus on things that don't cost much or are free. He's working hard and probably doesn't want to see you spending a lot of money. He thinks you're gorgeous and sexy and loves your booty. How about some bootylicious lingerie? He gets to unwrap you, his favorite gift ;)

• Like 1
  • Author
thestaircase

Thank you Ms. Ruby Slippers, I will follow your suggestions and start his B-day planning now, lol

He working that much because we want to buy a small house, and I insist on 50% house down-payment.

1. Because we just buy a small house.

2. Because we both are Debt-free, and I like us to stay Debt-free as much as we can. So I want to pay off the house as much as we can.

I'm not romantic, my husband is also not romantic. We both equally unromantic and boring. We match, that's why we married each others, lol

He left to his 2nd job, and I can't go back to sleep. So I'm here in bed with my Laptop reading around threads, lol

I hope 2016 come soon so we can buy our small house, and he go back to work 1 job. I need more time with my husband, don't like him working 2 jobs, but someone got to sacrifice. Thank God it just temporary for ONE year.

My husband doesn't believe in astrology. Everytime I talk to him about it, he just laugh it off. He said I'm on my Laptop looking up nonsense stuff again. He thinks astrology is just for fun.

But, I do believe in astrology and I'm studying it, lol

The Sun's sign is very genernal. It the Chart Ruler sign that matter more. And also other aspects in your whole natal chart, can't based someone solely on their sun sign.

You can see it here: Chart Ruler and The Ascendant - What is it? ~ Lunar Living Astrology

You should figure out your chart rule here too Ms. Ruby Slippers

My husband is Libra Sun, Pisces Moon, Taurus Ascending.

His Ascending is Taurus, and Taurus ruler is Venus. His Venus is in Virgo, so that make Virgo is his Chart Ruler. So uh... he more of a Virgo guy, which is more like him, because he Practical and he very Picky!

My Chart ruler just happened to be also Gemini, so I'm very Gemini, LOL

Me and my husband have separate Checking/Saving accounts (my insist)

His B-Day presents are from my money. He never was a big spender, so he sure doesn't like big gifts.

You know the 'Five Love Languages' book? We took the Quiz, my husband and I both score ZERO on gifts. Yeah, we both score zero on gifts. So none of us cares about gifts.

He score top on "Physical Touch",

And I score top on "Acts of Services."

Edited by thestairs