Still married, thank you droys.

I am a couple of weeks from the 2 yr anniversary of my life changing event. My original thread is here: http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/coping/358112-lost .

My decision was to stay with her and as a result of that I have had some ups and some downs, the most recent down was the past couple of months. The OM decided after a year and a half to e-mail me out of the blue to apologize for what he did. Ass hat. Needless to say I was pissed, took some of that anger out on the wife, she pushed back, we talked, and I have not felt this good about things for quite some time. There has been much soul searching, understanding, hard work, and communication, but in the long run it is working out.

We have started over in the last year, new house, new friends, we are spending more time together, new adventures, we even spoiled ourselves with a new RV because we like traveling and camping so much. We moved after the realization that our home and acreage was stressing me out and the workload involved with it was just to much, took away to much time from us. Things are looking up. I have come to realize that I need to spend less time making her "pay" for what she did to us, and spend more time getting back to my happy carefree self again. For both of us.

While I know that my decision to stay goes against what most of you suggested to do, I want each of you who took the time to reply to my post to know that everything you said, your opinions, registered with me. Thank you.

And then droys said his piece. The one time you chimed in on this forum EVER, was to help me. Thank you sir so very much. My story mirrors yours in so many ways its almost unbelievable. I was the "victim" too. It was not my fault either. Your story is definitely what I needed to hear. As it turns out I had much to do with the situation I found myself in. Imagine the horror of realizing that! Although we have a long way to go, and I am sure some hurdles to get over in the future, I can see a happy one and it includes my wife as well.

So again droys, thank you. I hope you sign on again and read this. All my best to you and your family. You deserve a hug, some beers and a steak dinner!

• Like 2

Thanks so much for taking the time to update us, Gofsttrnlft!

It helps to have positive and uplifting news when one is "struggling in the trenches", as it were.

It's great that you got EXACTLY what you needed at the time that you needed it, from a fellow-LoveShacker :love:

Wishing you and your wife continued happiness and ever-expanding love :love: :love:

EDITED TO ADD: After checking the initial thread, this has seriously warmed my heart. Thanks again (and again), Gofsttrnlft, for taking the time.

And then droys said his piece. The one time you chimed in on this forum EVER, was to help me. Thank you sir so very much. My story mirrors yours in so many ways its almost unbelievable. I was the "victim" too. It was not my fault either. Your story is definitely what I needed to hear. As it turns out I had much to do with the situation I found myself in. Imagine the horror of realizing that! Although we have a long way to go, and I am sure some hurdles to get over in the future, I can see a happy one and it includes my wife as well.

So again droys, thank you. I hope you sign on again and read this. All my best to you and your family. You deserve a hug, some beers and a steak dinner!

Edited by Ronni_W
  • Like 2
While I know that my decision to stay goes against what most of you suggested to do, I want each of you who took the time to reply to my post to know that everything you said, your opinions, registered with me. Thank you.

Always good to hear from someone who made it through. Congrats on your new life!

What most of us normally suggest is that posters decide on a clear path to a healthier place. Since many WS shy away from the heavy lifting involved in reconciliation, you are correct in that the path often leads out the door. Your situation, along with some other notable stories here, proves that doesn't always have to be the case...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 2