Is my cynicism rubbing off on my wife?

Last night we had CNN on and they were discussion various horrible things that have happened and she said she is starting to completely lose faith in humanity and that if aliens ever did visit this planet they probably turned back around and never want to come back. Normally she is a much more optimistic and sunny person than I am so it's funny to hear her talk like that.

Am I bringing her down or she is just starting to see how messed up this world can be sometimes?

lollipopspot

If she's normally very optimistic, she might have just had a moment when seeing what was happening on the news.

I actually think it would be better if the aliens farmed us, experimented on us, put us in zoos, used us for labor, shot us for sport, etc. Those are our morals when dealing with those we consider lesser beings - we'd deserve it.

• Like 1

Well, consider you were watching CNN. ;)

However, there is a general rule that applies to the population at large, that most people are morons. Which I believe is why we have our current crop of politicians. There's a saying goes something like; "A thinking population is any politician's worst nightmare", and our politicians are sleeping just fine.

• Like 1