What's with these mood swings?

I'm hoping maybe someone has experienced something similar and might have some helpful words soooo.......here goes.

I seem to be having really strange mood swings in my marriage lately and I'm not sure why. I can go for days being happy and content, and then the next day wake up and be miserable, almost sure I would be better off alone or with someone else. It happened again today, without really anything triggering it, no fighting with the wife, nothing. In fact, yesterday was a pretty great day for us.

I should clarify too, I'm not talking just a twinge of something that passes in a couple of minutes. I'm talking about something that lasts for hours(or a whole day) and can make concentrating on day to day things extremely difficult. Then, just as easily, I could do something fun with my wife tonight and be happy again for days, until it hits again for no reason that I can see. This has been going on for a couple months now.

Anyone else ever have this occur, or feel something similar?

I would also be remiss without mentioning the fact that I experienced some issues in the spring, for different reasons, all discussed in a previous thread. I don't know if the two are related, but I find it hard to believe that I can be married for 13 years without any issues(that I can recall anyway), and then have 2 incidents in under a year and not have them be related somehow. Also, although I think the previous issue is behind me, and I do look back at that thread now and feel kind of dumb sometimes, I have to admit to sometimes still thinking about the other person from that time, especially when I get in one of these spells. That, of course, doesn't help my frame of mind either.

I would suggest you talk to your doctor/physician to rule out any underlying medical condition first, then if that is OK take his/her advice as to the next step.

Honestly, I'm not sure that what you're describing is pathological. Can you function consistently enough to work without problems? Can you be a good parent (if that applies)? Are you ever physically abusive during these "lows"? Do you find that it's significantly getting in the way of your life goals and contentment? If not, I wouldn't automatically say it's pathological. We are human. We have moods. We get in funks.

Edited by M30USA